Easy Elsa / Frozen Inspired Hair Tutorial


Hi guys! I've had this blog post stored away for a while and I've decided to post it today. The first year of uni will be over for me in a couple of days and I plan to get into the full swing of blogging then, and I'm feeling excited to start up again. 

If you love Frozen, or you know children who love Frozen, this might be a hairstyle for you. I basically created this myself since I found that a lot of the Elsa tutorials were quite complicated. This was pretty simple so that even a lazy person such as myself can do it. If you'd prefer this in video format, just let me know and I'll get it uploaded to my youtube channel soon.

This is my first hair tutorial (I think) so I apologise if it's a little hard to follow! I think that hair tutorials in blog post format are a little confusing but hopefully this isn't too bad. Also, I am no hair expert. I am very lazy with my hair. But maybe this will appeal to those of you who share a laziness for hair styling.


Step 1: Pull back a small section from the top of your head and pin it out of the way.

Step 2: Grab the top section of the rest of your hair, making sure you take it from the full circumference of your head so it’s pulled right over from the left to the right side (or vice versa, depending on which side you do the braid).

Step 3: Separate that section into three even sections.

Step 4: Begin a dutch braid which is like a French plait but instead of taking the sections over each other, you’re taking them under. Bring the left section under the middle section, then bring the right section under the middle section and repeat.

Step 5: Continue this, but every time you move one section, grab a piece of hair from the same side and add it to the section (like you would with a French plait or Dutch braid).

Step 6: Do this until all of your hair is in the braid.

Step 7: Then plait the rest of your hair normally and tie it off, preferably with a clear elastic, but I didn't have any.

Step 8: Start to pull the sections out to give it a wider, messier look. Do this with the whole braid. It's best to start from the top and work your way down.

Step 9: Take down that front section you pinned out of the way at the start. Separate it into randomly-sized sections and pin it back out of your face, pushing it forward to give it a loose, messy look. You could back comb for even more volume. Try not to make the bobby pins look took messy at the back - preferably have them all pinned to the centre of the back of your head.

Step 10: You’ll be left with a tail from all of those pinned back sections if your hair is long enough.

Step 11:  To hide this tail, push it through the plait so that it’s concealed and becomes a part of your braid. You may have to push it through several times if your hair is very long.

Step 12: And you’re done! Hopefully you'll be looking like Elsa from Frozen at this point. If not, I can only apologise. Elsa does have magnificent hair and us mere mortals can only hope to achieve such a hairstyle.

Comments

  1. Love this braid! Great tutorial. I wish my hair was longer so that i could do this haha. Also, I love your ombre hair, been thinking getting my ombre back haha
    Love

    Pili

    Records of my Troubles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! You should, I love ombre! I'm thinking about bleaching all of my hair but I'm too scared! x

      Delete
  2. love it!cant wait to grow my hair long to do this!=)

    Rachel x
    thehappybits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You could always use extensions if you need to! x

      Delete
  3. this is such a detailed tutorial. love the hair!

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts