Rimmel BB Cream Review


Hi guys! Today I've got a review for you of the Matte Rimmel BB Cream. It claims to be a '9-in-1 skin perfecting super makeup'. What the 9-in-1 benefits are I do not know as it doesn't say on the packaging and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Either way, I'm sure they're all the usual things like 'mattifies', 'evens out skin tone' - basically a long-winded way of saying 'this is a BB cream'.

My first impressions of this was that the smell is amazing. I've found with many Rimmel foundations in the past that they have the nicest smell ever. I don't tend to like scented makeup but I think Rimmel foundation is the exception, possibly because my first ever proper foundation had that Rimmel scent so maybe it's just a blast from the past. It sort of smells like a cross between perfume and paint, I don't know quite how else to describe it. If you think you might not like it, definitely give it a sniff in store before purchasing.

I also found that with this BB cream, unlike others I have tried, you don't need a lot of it to get a decent coverage. I know it's a BB cream and high coverage isn't exactly their intention but I still like quite a bit of coverage. I think that this one actually does deliver and I'd call it medium coverage. I really like how it applies and I use the Real Techniques expert face brush to do so.

In terms of length of wear, I'd say this lasted the full five hours I was at uni for and that includes two 40 minute walks, one of which is uphill and results in lots of sweat. So pretty impressive! I don't check in the mirror frequently so I'm not the best person to ask for length of wear but it seemed good to me!


I haven't tried many BB creams as they don't tend to appeal to me but lately I've really been loving them and this little sample has only made me love them more. I was really quite impressed with it and £6.99 seems a good price for the full product. I would definitely choose this over the Maybelline BB cream which I found to be quite disappointing. 

So personally I loved this product, but let me know your opinions down below - I do love to hear them!

P.S. you may have noticed my blogging schedule has got a bit strange. Settling down in uni has been a bit weird for me so my blog wasn't the first thing on my mind. I'm thinking that I'm going to cut down to two posts a week rather than the usual three to four, at least while I get used to the change in work load. Hopefully you all understand!

Comments

  1. I have tried the non matte version of Rimmel's BB cream and it didn't sit well with me. Ir was so hard to blend and the formula wasn't great in my opinion.

    - xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Nice to hear some different opinions :)

      Delete
  2. I havent actually tried this but i think ill give it a go:)

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go! I thought I wouldn't like it but I do :) x

      Delete
  3. I've recently been using this same BB Cream and so far I think it's pretty good too. And I agree, it does last a long while (I too walk 40 minutes to University each day). And I know what you mean about the smell of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell is sooo good haha I'm in love with it x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts