Alchemy Oils Grapefruit Hair Remedy Review


Hi guys! After Reading Festival my skin and hair felt like it could do with a good pick me up. How opportune that at the same moment Alchemy Oils Grapefruit Hair Remedy* came through the mail, just begging to be reviewed! It is a nourishing blend of 5 oils to improve the condition of and strengthen your hair from within. Sounds great so far.

I can't resist a good hair oil or something that is going to replenish my hair COMPLETELY NATURALLY. I absolutely adore natural products and I sort of wish I knew of more all natural products that I could use, but I'll stick to what I've got for now. 

The Grapefruit Hair Remedy contains five ingredients and five ingredients ONLY: Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Almond Oil and Grapefruit White Essential Oil. The fact it is free of all of those ingredients with strange names I don't understand makes me trust its power right off the bat. 

A little about castor oil: it stimulates the circulation of nutrient rich blood around the scalp which combats hair loss and stimulate hair growth, it treats scalp infection, it reduces split ends and breakage, it conditions and moisturises hair and helps get rid of dry scalp. It is also great for hair shine and thickness, especially in dark hair!

A little about coconut oil: it prevents hair loss and hair damage and is great for conditioning the hair and retaining moisture. It's also great for preventing greying and balding. I'm sure we've all heard a lot about the vast uses and benefits of coconut oil!

A little about avocado oil: the saturated fats are great for penetrating the hair cuticle so provide strength from within and will also retain moisture. It's easily absorbed by the scalp so can help with dandruff and scalp problems. It also stimulates growth and helps unclog blocked follicles.

A little about almond oil: reduces split ends, particularly when combined with castor oil. Leaves hair shiny and soft. It also treats dandruff and helps reduce scalp inflammation.

A little about grapefruit white essential oil: it promotes hair growth and keeps the hair and scalp clean.


So you've got all of those benefits in one product! I think it's great that it's combined so many oils because you're going to be getting so much more than if you were just to use each product individually. It's sort of like a time saver. They also combine to have a really, really sweet citrusy scent. It sort of reminds me of Christmas and orange-flavoured chocolates. The smell sticks around for a while too so if you like your hair to smell good I would recommend!

I tried this as a treatment for my hair. I applied it from the tips upwards, avoiding my scalp, though it can be used on scalps. I didn't want to put it on my scalp just yet as my hair can get oily quite quickly so I might save it for a dryer time. I left it on for an hour or so and then washed it off with my usual routine, as directed by the product. It really did make my hair feel very soft and it wasn't at all as difficult to wash off as other oils such as coconut oil are, which is a huge benefit for lazy people such as myself.

It is no miracle product where you get out of the shower and your hair suddenly feels like a ball of fluff. I wouldn't expect or want that from any product, let alone an all natural product. All it is is great for your hair and scalp and it gives an amazing shine, feel, and smell to your hair. It can also get a bit messy as it is an oil but any oil is going to be like that! Just be careful with it.

I would recommend this to anybody who likes a good hair treatment, as this can be used as a treatment before you shower, an overnight treatment, or as an oil applied to damp hair to cut back on flyaways. Oh, and it's great for every hair type!

You can buy this product from their website for £17.99 and find a little more information there if you want!

Comments

  1. I loved your review of this! It's such a beautifully packaged product, and it sounds like the product itself is lovely too! :) Thanks for sharing.

    -Jessica
    http://sweetnessandsolitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you liked my review! I do love the packaging as well! There's something about the little stopper that I absolutely love.

      Delete
  2. Loved your review, I have just tried it and do really like it so far.

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good - just not so good if you don't wash it out thoroughly as I just did haha! I'm always making that mistake with hair oils.

      Delete
  3. loved this review,it's so nice !
    Keep in touch
    xx
    Antonella :)
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit wary about using oil on my hair but this seems to have loads of benefits, I'm very tempted! Lovely review :) xx

    http://bethht.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be but I've used it a fair few times now and love it! x

      Delete
  5. I love hair oils but usually stick to L'Oreal Elvive's Extraordinary Oil. Might have to give this oen a shot.Sounds really natural and good! :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely prefer the natural oils over any others. I prefer natural products in general though! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts