NOTD: Ciate Caviar Manicure


Hey guys! With exams coming up, I've had to spend time revising. Or, more likely, procrastinating. So I decided to try Ciate's Caviar Pearls in 'Frost Yourself'. Also on the topic of exams, if you follow me on twitter, you'll know that I'm looking for some people to guest post on my blog. I may not have the time in the months of May and June to post as much but I'd like my blog to remain active. So if you'd like to help me out and get your blog noticed by a few more people, drop me an email and I'll get back to you!


I got these two colours in the advent calendar they had out at Christmas which is still available on Fragrance Direct, but you can also buy other Caviar sets on the Ciate website. You may or may not know that I am a lover of Ciate nail polishes. They do some amazing shades and the nail polishes dry reasonably quickly and don't tend to chip that easily. Plus, they have a load of really cool sets like the velvet manicure and corrupted neon set. 

I chose to wear this blue colour originally because I thought it was quite Spring appropriate but since I was bored, I decided to try out the Caviar Pearls as well. I was surprised at them since I thought after one use half the pot would be gone but there are actually a lot more pearls in that pot than you might think. And they also move a lot further and faster than you might think. I'd say there are more of them on my carpet than on my nails. So definitely have something underneath your hand because you have to tip it onto your nail and obviously a lot don't go onto your nail. you then tip the remainder off the paper and into the funnel to make it easier for you to get them back in the pot. Maybe make some kind of walls around your paper to stop them from flying everywhere out of books or something because I'm telling you, they literally go everywhere. I also didn't read the instructions for how you're supposed to use these, so I'm just guessing that you should apply a topcoat, which i did. I used a Ciate topcoat, unsurprisingly.

So I really like how these look and I think it makes what was just a normal colour into something really interesting and that isn't often seen on people's nails. I'm not actually going anywhere so nobody is going to see all the effort I went to, but who cares? I can stare at my nails constantly now and be happy.


End of Ciate appreciation post. Sometimes I feel like it sounds like they sponsor me or something, I talk about them so much. They don't, promise. Let me know your opinions of the Caviar Pearls! Also remember to drop me an email if you're interested in guest posting on my blog during May / June!

Comments

  1. I love this combination! Actually I have a similar post coming on Wednesday!

    I would appreciate it if you could visit my blog for my first post!

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute colors!!

    www.kissmychocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. DD: That blue is an absolutely lovely colour! I don't own it and I think I am going to hunt it down... A nice simple design there as well, for when you don't have too much time...

    Check out my question tag: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/04/a-whole-lot-of-questions-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favourite nail polish colours!

      Delete
  4. These beads look beautiful, but also like something which does not last on nails too long... The color combo is very romantic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had them on for a day now and they're still in almost perfect condition! They might be looking a bit worse for wear tomorrow though x

      Delete
  5. I love your manicure and the colors are perfect for spring! I only holds on my nails for a couple of hours so I never do this, but I love your combination! :)

    Tanja Mortensen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I have something like this but have yet to try it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Kind of annoying to take off but it's great. I have a few more colours in my drawers just waiting to be used...

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts