Hair Inspiration: 6 Ombre Looks

I don't know about you, but I absolutely love ombre hair and I've wanted it for the longest time. I've been way too afraid because of the damage it would do to my hair though! I have bleached my hair twice before but it was only small parts (let's not talk about the blonde streaks I had when i was 14) and I didn't really notice much damage to it but that was only small parts and I didn't bleach it that many times. It also wasn't exactly blonde any of those times, but more of an orange. So ombre has scared me! But there are so many celebrities I see with it and every time I see pictures of them I'm filled with a need to ombre my own hair.


Two of my favourites and Kylie Jenner and Vanessa Hudgens. They show that ombre hair can look good whatever your length. Kylie's looks so good and I am forever envious of her hair, makeup, clothing, life, everything! The volume and texture of her hair always looks perfect. She's cut her hair even shorter lately and has dyed those blonde tips a greeny-blue colour, something I've been wanting to try too but perhaps with purple or pink. Vanessa Hudgens is the person I'd go into the salon and say 'do this to my hair, please'. I doubt it would turn out that way, but I can hope! I like how high up it starts and how light it is. I think I'd have to invest in a silver shampoo if I wanted to replicate this look. The picture is from Coachella, where she always seems to look amazing, and ever since I saw it I've wanted her hair.


Lea Michelle and Drew Barrymore both pull it off amazingly as well. Lea always seems to have amazing shine to her hair and has more glamorous locks and she's opted for a more subtle look. I think that the subtle look is amazing as well and is perfect if you're looking for something more natural. Drew's are quite different since her hair is much lighter at the bottom. The messiness of her hair looks like she's fresh out of the ocean which I adore and she pulls it off so well.


Hilary Duff and Ashlee Simpson have also had ombre hair in the past. I love Hilary's look because it's a really gradual and natural change, similar to Lea's, except hers looks a little less orangey which I think is why I prefer it. Plus, her curls are a lot less uniform than lea's which I like more. I chose Ashlee's because of her very dark roots and light tips. I feel like if I decided to ombre my hair it would end up looking more like hers than Vanessa's just because I'd be too afraid to bleach it 83 times.

So which look do you like best? And do you have any tips for bleaching / ombreing (that's definitely not a word) hair? Is it a bad idea on very dark brown hair?

Comments

  1. Ik vind het er zo gaaf uitzien! Alleen ben ik zo bang dat je haar dood gaat aan de onderkant door het bleken ):

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't speak Dutch, but luckily Petra is always here to be my translator haha. Yeah, I worry about the same thing but I just want ombre hair so badly! x

      Delete
  2. I had ombre hair last time last year and I can still feel like damage it did to my hair, even though i've had it all cut off for just over four months. My hair is a medium/dark brown, a bit lighter than yours (judging by your photo). If you do get it done make sure you're ready for the consequences because I wasn't and a couple of weeks after getting it done, i wanted it out. However I do think it would suit you! Good luck xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh right. Ugh it's things like this that makes me think it's a really bad idea but the temptation is still there!

      Delete
  3. I love ombre hair! Unfortunatelly my hair is not strong enough for that, as found out myself. My hair hasn't been abled to get into a good shape for a past year after ombre-ing it :( if you have strong hair go for it, but i wouldn't recommend if your hair is prone to breakage. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh right. I have bleached my hair before and it didn't seem that bad but it wasn't as intense as it would be with ombre so maybe it's not a great idea.

      Delete
  4. I think Vanessa Hudgens looks gorgeous with ombre hair, and I'm sure it'd suit you as well. :)

    http://thefashionbreezeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, absolutely love this hair on her. It's my favourite she's ever had.

      Delete
  5. I think Kylie Jenner's ombre is my favourite! I've never done it before, but I've heard it can be quite drying for your hair! My sister did it though... she actually dip-dyed the bottom of her blonde hair pink and she didn't have any problems - I'd recommend sticking to semi-permenant dye as its less damaging! x

    http://stylerehearsal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the only trouble is that semi permanent dye doesn't really work on dark hair x

      Delete
  6. I recently decided that I wanted to ombre my hair. I had never dyed it before and wanted a change. I think the most important thing is that you find a hairdresser that you trust. I was so cautious when I went to do mine that the end result wasn't that dramatic. Next time I go in, I'm going for more drama. The way I see it... it's just hair! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, it is just hair. but I don't think I'd be thinking in that same way if it all fell out haha x

      Delete
  7. I love ombre hair <3

    www.yourdoseofcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, it's sooo pretty x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts