Smoke BBQ Blogger Event In Leeds


Are you in love with the look of those desserts? Because same. I will just set you up for the tone of this post by letting you know that the brownie was legitimately 155% definitely the best brownie I have ever consumed in my entire life. That is 20 years of brownies. 

Desserts aside, I spent Thursday evening at Smoke BBQ, a restaurant which has just opened in Leeds. A bunch of bloggers were invited to the event, so I had the pleasure of seeing some familiar faces for the evening and enjoy various meats, beers, and desserts. What more could you want?


I'll just say that the owner of the restaurant was the nicest person ever! Everybody who worked there was lovely, actually, and we had some good chats. I learned was brisket is, which I had no idea prior to this. I'm not a big beef fan, but still... I guess it's good to know.


I can't remember everything we tried, but definitely included was brisket, a turkey leg, chicken, and sausage. The sausage was INCREDIBLE! I told the owner about my passionate love for the sausage, and apparently their recipe was entered into some sort of sausage-related competition and it won. So it is pretty darn good sausage. If I could recommend anything from the menu (aside from the brownie, obvs) it would be the sausage. I know that Carl (A Bloke's Eye View) appreciated the brisket and the turkey leg.


I heard a number of people suggesting that it was better than Red's which, if you're from Leeds (or London or Sheffield, as I think they have restaurants there) you know is the place to go if you're looking for BBQ meat. Personally, I have an intense love for the chicken at Red's and it can't be beaten, but the desserts at this place definitely made it competition. Plus, I like the vibe of the place a lot, since the lighting is nice & it's pretty and it was so friendly there.


Here is a picture of the glorious peanut butter cheesecake. If you're a peanut butter and cheesecake lover, you'll love this. I enjoyed it, but I found the combination a little weird. I think my love for peanut butter is such that I basically just wanted to eat a slab of peanut butter and it really wasn't that at all. The brownie, as I've said, was the actual king of life. I bow down to the brownie. It was the gooeyest thing, and it was warm, and just so delicious. The S'more was good too, if you're a marshmallow fan. We also tried the Pistachio Ice Cream, but I am neither a fan of pistachios nor ice cream, so I can't comment on it really.


Anyway, if you're in Leeds and looking for somewhere to eat with a nice atmosphere, I would definitely recommend Smoke BBQ. It's just outside the Merrion Centre.

Comments

  1. This looks amazing! So sad i was double booked for this! Gonna get myself there soon!
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts