Pages



Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Pink Hair Essentials


I've recently been changing my hair up quite a bit. It was dark brown, then I went silver, then I bleached it a few times, and now it's pink! I'm going to be putting a video up on my YouTube channel of dying my hair pink. This post is all of the things I'll be using to maintain my hair while it's pink! It's also sort of a Boots haul because they were doing 3 for 2 on professional haircare (which I'm pretty sure is still on) and I just couldn't say no.

The dye I used is the Bleach London The Big Pink. It's a really, really bright pink if you start out with bleached hair. If your hair was a light blonde (but not white bleached) colour, I think it would turn out as a peach colour. I used it just as it is, but for a lighter colour you could mix it with conditioner. I also used the Total Bleach Kit and it took me all three packs to cover my whole head, so if you're looking to use them, I would definitely recommend having a spare on hand in case it runs out, especially if your hair is long. In all of their bleach kits, you get the Reincarnation Mask which is absolutely incredible and the best hair mask I've ever used! Would  completely recommend buying it if your hair is damaged or dry.


To keep my hair healthy between washes, I've been using the John Frieda Frizz Ease Leave-In Conditioner. A leave in conditioner is essential in my opinion. Lou Teasdale (One Direction's hair stylist and author of The Craft) said that she would even recommend putting a bit of conditioner on the ends of your hair after you've washed it and not rinse it out. The roots are all good for me as my hair gets pretty oily, but the ends don't get any of that at all so it's good to give them a little helping hand. 

A dry shampoo is also essential, and I've been using this Lee Stafford one. Just remember not to use it too much because dry shampoo is not good for frequent use.

Rest assured, I'm going to be using hair masks every time I wash my hair and that leave-in conditioner is going to be my new best friend! I can't say my hair is in great shape currently. Admittedly, it isn't terrible, but it could definitely be better. It isn't crispy yet, which is good??

Life is too short not to dye your hair!


6 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I can't wait to dye my hair a colour like that! x

    Cait // beyondthebeautybag.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dyed my hair from black to white blond with this bleach! It's amazing!! I have had blue, pink and purple hair! I love it so much!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg did you really?! Not gonna lie I've gone through about 15 boxes of bleach from them haha. I just love the reincarnation mask so much? x

      Delete
  3. I've never really been much of a haircare person other than buying just shampoo & conditioner but since I've had my hair done gray, I struggle a little bit finding products to keep it soft, smooth and healthy so I'm always looking for things to help me out and these sound like great products so I'll have to give them a try. Thank you for this post x

    Hannah | WinkBeauty
    winkbeautyblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you'll definitely need something to add moisture! Defo the Bleach London Reincarnation Mask. I use a lot of oils too and leave them overnight like coconut oil. I'm thinking I'll do a post on my fav general haircare products x

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3