Pages



Friday, December 11, 2015

Amazing Leeds Christmas Blogger Meet!


Last Saturday I headed out, umbrella mistakenly not in hand, and went to meet up with a whole bunch of bloggers for a Christmasy meetup. I braced the Winter winds, vision impaired by the constant locks of hair lodging themselves into my eye sockets, but, after an hour of walking, I made it! And I'm very glad I did because I met some amazing bloggers there!

We had a few drinks together and chatted. Some bloggers decorated cupcakes but I didn't manage to get to the decorating table (I was basically too lazy to move). There was also a raffle which was very cute and there were some incredddd prizes and I'm so jealous of everyone that won something. It was a great few hours and it made me very happy being surrounded by people who weren't confused by the fact that I actually have a blog.

I wish I had pictures from inside the event but I only brought my little camera which is a pile of poo. If I locate a post with pictures, I'll link it here so you can all have a nose. For now you'll have to make do with pictures of the goodie bags (I always love reading about those the most anyway).



There were some great things in the bag, most of which I have now eaten (I didn't eat the lip balms even though one of them tasted so good). A real highlight for me is this Bee Good Honey & Propolis Cream Cleanser & mini muslin cloth. I tried it and I am IN LOVE. When I run out of the 800 other cleansers I have, I absolutely guarantee I'm buying this because it's my favourite thing I've ever put on my face ever.


I've still got to try most of the things in the bag, but it seems that there were a lot of Bee friendly products which makes me very happy because my housemate is always telling me about how much bees suffer. She's recommended a documentary about Burt (of Burt's Bees) called Burt's Buzz to me, which is all about Burt himself. It makes me sad that animals suffer for our beauty products, and our food, and pretty much everything we do. I'm trying to gradually reduce the amount of things I use which cause harm to animals. Not really sure where to start though (apart from eating less meat, which I have been doing).


All in all, it was a great day, and I absolutely want to do it again soon! After the meetup, I also headed off to a blogger party with La Redoute, so I'll be posting all about that very soon so keep your eyes peeled!

Thank you for stopping by my post as always, please leave me a comment and follow my Social Media (links are in my sidebar)! I love talking to people on Twitter so drop me a tweet or a DM.

4 comments:

  1. Ah it was lovely to meet you and chat away! How great are the goodies?! Love the Bee stuff, as it is such a great skincare rememdy, and is excellent for my coldsores too. Fun fact! ha.
    Hope to see you at another event soon! :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha really?! Did not know it was good for coldsores. They really are great! It was great to meet you too! If you're going to any events in Leeds again you've gotta let me know! xx

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3