Pages



Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Icycl Vodka Fruit Icepops


I'm a big fan of vodka. It's pretty my go to when I'm planning on drinking. Admittedly, I hate the taste and if I drink it straight I'm probably going to throw up, but it does its job. If there's a way to make it taste good, then I am absolutely all for it. Usually I'll just whack in a bit of lemonade (still tastes crap, but better) but I've tried it in jelly form, and with various other mixers. Jelly is sort of exciting but then you realise you're spending half of your time trying to lick the remains from the bottom of a shot glass, or trying to get it out in the first place, and it's more effort than it's worth. I'm pretty sure it's also considered tacky but I'm not one to be held down by the chains of society.

I think that frozen alcohol has become a bit of a thing lately. It was in the Summer anyway. Maybe that was just me, but I've seen little vodka icepops like these emerging in supermarkets. They're like little slush puppies that get you drunk. What more could you want out of life? These particular ones are from Icycl*. 


The ones I've had before have tasted crap, honestly, so I had little hope for these little icepops. But, lo and behold, they were FANTABULOUS. One flavour was anyway. Apple was NOT my thing and went down the sink (sorry), and the lemon and lime one was good, but as somebody who avoids yellow and green skittles, it wasn't my favourite. The blackcurrant, however, was everything to me. It tasted like an ice lolly with a bit of a tang. I couldn't taste any vodka at all, which is what you want when it comes to vodka, right? YES, ICYCL!

The great thing about these is that you can freeze and refreeze them and they'll still be just as good. I had mine around the recent Christmasy days and they were certainly enjoyable, especially when followed by lots of Prosecco and whatever else came after that... Admittedly, they weren't exactly what I fancied when I'd just come inside from the cold outside (it's actually not even that cold lately... would like to thank humans for Global Warming) but in the Summer (assuming it ever gets hot in this country again) they would be IDEAL for barbecues, parties, or any occasion which would involve alcohol. To be honest though, all year round for me because I rarely step foot outside and it's reasonably warm inside if I whack the fire on. Again, the chains of society will not hold me down *shakes fist*.


Also a plus is that these things are made from natural fruit juices! None of that creepy stuff which is highly questionable and concerning. They're also easy to slide out of the packet. You know when you're a kid and you spend ages warming an ice lolly because it's too frozen to come out? That doesn't happen with these. Your hands do get cold if you hold them for too long though... obviously. Get a pair of gloves on that!

Kind of can't believe I've devoted an entire blog post to alcohol. *bows down to alcohol* My Mum did suggest I become an alcohol blogger so that we could get sent wine for her to drink. Not sure I'm gonna do that... If you do want to get your hands on some slushy ice lolly vodkay thingys, go to Icycl's website, and have a little gander at all of the stuff they've got on there. I hear new flavours are coming soon.

Anyway, thanks for reading! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALMOST 2016. I don't want 2016. I want 2001. I want to be 6.

1 comment:

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3