Going From Dark Brown To Blonde / Silver


I've been waiting for this moment since I was about 10, or maybe before. But I got my hair bleached! Wooo. So, I wanted white, or like a Lou Teasdale / Lottie Tomlinson sort of colour. Obviously that wasn't going to be possible with one hair appointment, so for now I've got a blonde/blue sort of ombre thing going on.


I'd previously done ombre on myself, hence why the ends are so much lighter. To do that I used the Bleach London balayage kit, followed by the ombre kit, followed by the total bleach, and then the white toner. I might post a review of those kits at some point, as well as some of the Bleach colours since I've tried those as well. My hair previously looked like this - so very dark.

I was considering bleaching my hair myself, and I'd been considering that for years, but I was too scared of having orange hair or blotchy hair or doing something wrong. Also, my friend bleached her hair herself and a big patch fell out which definitely put me off! So I decided to go to the hair dressers after Samantha (a fellow blogger) offered to do it for me.

It was basically 5 hours of washing, and waiting, and brushing. I never go to the hair dressers and I HATE having people touch my hair, or especially brush my hair, so it was a pretty grim experience for me in that respect. But I'm happy with the results so it was worth it!


The blue has pretty much faded to a silver now, which is more the colour I wanted. There's a lot of gold tones in it still so I'm definitely going to bleach it again, probably myself because quite frankly, I am poor. But yay! Blonde hair! I'm so happy.



Comments

  1. Use lots of conditioner! and a treatment weekly it will help your hair to rebuild back to normal :)

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't worry I am haha! It isn't even in that bad of a state surprisingly, but I always condition my hair a lot regardless of its condition. Better safe than sorry :p

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks amazing - love this colour on you. One of us is so tempted to go even lighters but apparently it damages your hair...either way you suit this shade so well
    Want to follow eachother? Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it does damage your hair but it's worth it. Mine feels okay anyway x

      Delete
  3. Aw love your hair blonde! Such a difference when you go from brunette. You suit the colour so much :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts