My Easy Honeymustard Salad Dressing Recipe



I've missed you guys! I know my last blog post consisted of a 'sorry I've been away' thing, but it happened again, AND IT WASN'T MY FAULT! I've just moved to uni, and it took literally a month to get the wifi sorted. A MONTH. Even now, it's absolute crap. My poor blog has suffered </3 But I'm excited to be at uni and living in a house rather than halls (way better), and buying things to make my room pretty, and new clothes (lots of new clothes have been bought... oops).
Aside from the life update, today I've got a recipe! Wooo! It was invented by me, and consists of three ingredients because that is about the extent of my skill. I'll admit that Jamie Oliver inspired me here, as always. He is my life goals.
So, I actually hate salad. I think it's so gross, and I would never eat it for enjoyment, especially if it's got a lot of lettuce in it. It's one of those things I feel I have to eat though, and I'm always looking for ways to make it taste somewhat nice. Hence the experiment with they honey mustard dressing.


Recipe:

This takes approximately 30 seconds to make. :-)

You will need:

- Honey. I'm no honey expert so I don't know if there's different types of honey... but honey.
- Wholegrain mustard. I'm not a mustard expert either. But I use wholegrain because it's got little seed things (no idea what they are) in it, and it gives a bit of texture to it.
- Balsamic vinegar. A classic salad dressing to make things a little less thick and gloopy.

Directions:

Have some teaspoons at the ready. Take a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar, and whack it in a small bowl. Then do the same with the honey, and then the wholegrain mustard. Give it a swoosh together, and see how things are looking, give it a taste. It's at this point that I add another teaspoon of honey and wholegrain mustard, and give it another mix. Usually this is good for me, or I'll go for another teaspoon of wholegrain and honey. It really depends, so try it out and see what works for you.

Then drizzle it over your salad, and clingfilm the little bowl if you made a bit too much, popping it in the fridge for the next day.

SHUZAM! You just made a tasty salad dressing containing three ingredients which you know aren't going to destroy your insides, unlike some of the dressings you can buy from the supermarket.


I know, I know, I'm a chef. Just you wait, I'll have a cooking book out by next year. No but really, I love cooking and experimenting with new things (when I can be bothered), so I may do an actual decent recipe at some point. Who knows?

Anyway, thank you for reading! Please try this out, since it's so easy and I guarantee you will not regret it! If you do try it, tweet me (@beckyis0bel) or tag me on Instagram (@beckyis0bel) or something! <3

Comments

  1. This sounds amazing! I love to add Honey mustard to my salads! i must try this recipe!
    Love
    Pili

    Records of my Troubles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it's a new discovery but I love it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts