Autumn Essentials


And Autumn is officially here. It feels like it's been here for months since it was cold pretty much throughout Summer. I hate Autumn so much unless I spend the entire time inside with the heating on full blast. I can't think of anything worse than cold weather. If you're like me and you hate Autumn, or maybe you like it, I've put together a list of the things I would be NOTHING without. :-)

Now let's get the most important two things out of the way. A hot water bottle and a fluffy blanket are absolute essentials, especially at uni when gas costs £££££ and you can't have the heating on constantly. I have a hot water bottle in bed with me ever night. I found this Etsy store with loads of adorable hot water bottle covers which I thought I'd share in case you are in need of one like me.

Every home needs a candle at this time of year. When the lights are off and you've just got some fairy lights and candles going, it just feels so cute and Wintery (in a good way). The one I've got pictures is from dw home (I got mine from T.K.Maxx) and I highly recommend trying one of their candles as the packaging is GORGEOUS and the candles have really nice, strong scents, which I love. Mine is Pomegranate Black Tea which is quite sweet, but they have some really nice, less feminine scents too which would be perfect if you've got a man around the house complaining about the smell of candles.

To go with your candle and fairy lights (and possibly a bath with some Lush products), you're going to need a hot beverage to warm you up. My drink of choice is Green Tea, particularly if it's decaffeinated because then I can get my housemate to make me one at 9pm and I won't be up all night (thanks, Kate!). If the world was a different place, I'd have hot chocolate every night with marshmallows and whipped cream because there is no greater drink.


If I'm venturing outside (which I try to avoid at all costs), I will go equipped with my trusty blanket wrap. I've just found a really nice, Autumny one on ASOS if you're interested. It's basically like taking a blanket to uni, or work or school or wherever with you, but it's an accepted item of clothing. Truly brilliant. Thank you, to whoever invented them.

Now we're onto the beauty side of things. Number one, is a lip scrub. The one pictured is from Lush and it's cola flavoured. As I wrote this, I just realised the Christmas things from Lush are back and I am now going to order 100 bottles of Snow Fairy shower gel. Anyway, a lip scrub is essential because my lips get so dry throughout the year, but especially in the cold months, and if I want to wear a matte lipstick, I can't have crusty lips. Actually, crusty lips are gross regardless of your lipstick choice. A lip balm is also an essential and goes with this. My favourite is Blistex (which I've heard is one of the best for your lips, and I must agree) but you can only get this particular one from America (as far as I'm aware).

I'm sure a lot of you agree with me when I say a berry lip product is an essential. I try not to be too tied down by the concept of 'seasonal makeup', but I'm pretty naturally attracted to it. Rimmel 107 is a classic, and always a favourite, but the one I've chosen to feature is a more subtle and moisturising one from Bourjois in Plum Russian. It isn't matte, but I find it's easier to wear and less striking if you're worried about wearing an 'out there' lip colour. 

Another in the berry category, is a berry eyeshadow. I find these are useful to wear underneath a bronze just for something subtle, or you could do it alone if you're more daring. I use my Maybelline colour tattoo in 'metallic pomegranate' underneath another eyeshadow just for an easy pop of colour. It's something a bit different to the usual neutrals.

A moisturiser is absolutely needed as everything just feels so much drier in the cold months. My favourite is from Simple; it's well priced and does the job.

And last, but not least, is a soundtrack to go to my Autumn. My current favourites have got to be the new One Direction stuff (obviously), Chvrches (as always), Ellie Goulding and Purity Ring. Give all four a listen if you haven't!

So this was a longer post than intended but I enjoyed writing it. I'm trying to get fully back into blogging, since I'm helping a friend start up a blog and we plan to motivate each other! I tried to include as many links as I could to this post, and I hope you found it useful or entertaining! Thank you for reading my blog! :D

P.S. the wooden fox thing is from Urban Outfitters.

Comments

  1. I love the Santa lip scrub it smells amazing kind of like those Cola Cubes you would get as a kid haha

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's so nice :) The bubblegum one is my fav but I've been using this one a lot lately

      Delete
  2. I need that lip scrub in my life!!

    Charlotte ~ http://allthingsmakeupbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Haha it seems a lot of people want the scrub x

      Delete
  4. I always need a lip scrub in the colder months. I've used the lush lip scrub before, but I want to try this Santa one!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The santa one is my second fav!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts