I Drew Gabby / Velvetgh0st (Again)



It's a day off work for me which means a day of playing World of Warcraft and drawing things on Photoshop. I told myself it was a day of cleaning but we all know that is absolutely not going to happen.

Anyway, I was hit with inspiration by Gabby's blonde wig which she wore in some Instagram pictures. I love the colour of it on her and I couldn't resist drawing her. She just has a very drawable face... Plus, I fancied trying out a new style. I need to step away from perfectionism and use more creativity, which I'm trying to do but it's HARD. Also, I'm awful at drawing outlines on Photoshop and I'm lazy so if there's an outline in my pictures, it's gonna be shit.

I have a real love for big eyes and anime eyes, so that's what I was going for here. I think I should've gone even bigger, but maybe next time.

Why is this blog post suddenly a critique of my own artwork.

I'm done. Right click > open image in new tab to see it bigger.

Mean comments will be deleted ok I do not want your critique (unless you have advice for my crappy lines (other than spend longer on them)).

Comments

  1. You are so talented! I would pay for this! You should do hobbie next! Or joe!!! But this is sooo good!!! Xxx

    www.GingieBlog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you really haha? I've been drawing Sam Schuerman for a while but I just can't be bothered with that one at the moment. I prefer drawing girls but I might give a guy a go, who knows x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this drawing of Gabb, Becky! And the hair?!? The colors are on point. Please do more these :3
    xx, Victoria

    http://septemberlux.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :D I actually enjoyed this style a lot so I might do it more often x

      Delete
  3. This drawing is so amazing!! I hope Gabby sees it! She'll love it!
    Love
    Pili

    Records of my Troubles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much. Yeah she saw it on Twitter yesterday :) x

      Delete
  4. Gabby looks so realistic - love your style.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh thank you. I wasn't going for realistic but I'll take it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts