Pages



Sunday, August 02, 2015

Dry Shampoo Can Cause Hair Loss?!? (Help.)


Bonjour amigos. Long time no sprechen. 3 languages in one. V impressed with myself. Aaaanyway. I was trailing the internet a few days ago as you do, enjoying my morning SkinnyMint teatox, when I encountered a harrowing article about one of the Lord's greatest inventions - dry shampoo. I consider dry shampoo a very good friend of mine so was shocked at its betrayal. I don't know why I've turned this post into some sort of novel. Long story short - overuse of dry shampoo is vvvvv bad. I think I already knew it was bad but I'd forgotten? For those of you that DIDN'T know, read on, and put that dry shampoo bottle down.

Lee Stafford spoke up about the negative sides to using dry shampoo frequently, such as HAIR LOSS (?!) and other bad things. No surprise really. I'm sure you all know that dry shampoo doesn't actually clean your hair, but absorbs the oils as a quick fix & avoiding all of the effort of actually removing your clothes and entering a shower cubicle for roughly 20 minutes. God forbid we give up any of our precious time these days. (How could I possibly blog if I actually had to wash my hair every day?) SO THIS OIL ABSORBY STUFF also clogs up the pores on your scalp, and can lead to flaking and soreness and even bleeding. Literally please, if my scalp ever bleeds I will just lie down to die. But these things can lead to your hair falling out. And you going bald. :---)

The moral of the story is: do not use dry shampoo every day. I don't even know about every other day anymore. I'm thinking once a week, if that. The fear of hair loss is real.

Just thought you might like to know. Just in case.

(P.S. whilst on the subject of dry shampoo, I would recommend this herbal essences one over batiste. Cheaper I think and lots of volume. Don't use Aussie. It sucks. Let me know your views in the comments.)

11 comments:

  1. Ahh I didn't know this such a useful post! I love the smell of the Aussie ones but you're right I think they're a bit pants and leave white marks even if you brush it out.

    Tia | at0ut.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Aussie one literally ran out / broke after one spray. So I've decided never to buy that again! Didn't get a chance to properly review it really.

      Delete
  2. I mean I don't use dry shampoo every day or even close to that but hearing it can cause hair loss is definitely going to make me more cautious about using it!
    Megan x meguana.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I definitely don't use it every day but sometimes I'll use it a couple of days in a row. All depends on when it is. I'm scared now though! Don't wanna go bald.

      Delete
  3. Didn't even know dry shampoo had side effects! crazy. I use it very rarely however when i'm feeling super lazy x

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same haha. And so I don't have to wash my hair every day since I don't want it to die :P

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this informative post! I'm a fan of dry shampoo but actually rarely use it. Oh and I just use Batiste, never try Herbal Essences before. Great post xo

    http://www.kinikunormal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Batiste but it's more expensive and not necessarily the best. I think they're all quite similar apart from the high end ones really

      Delete
  5. Well, this news has fully ruined my life as I use dry shampoo to an almost gross extent. Ah, everything I love betrays me - typical!

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well I'm glad I have helped somebody... sort of :) x

      Delete
  6. I've heard this too - I have heard it's only through persistent use so I wouldn't worry if you just use it occasionally.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3