The Best Drugstore Foundation | Bourjois Healthy Mix


I'm always on the lookout for a good dewy foundation which won't cling to dry patches but won't make me look an oily or sparkly mess either. I'll say right off the bat that I HATE the much-loved Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation which I think just makes you look like an orange Edward Cullen. People used to tell me my whole face was sparkly while wearing that so it's a definite NO from me.

I'd given up hope on drugstore foundations, to be honest, but I'm always willing to try another. I'd heard a lot of good things about the Bourjois Healthy Mix but I didn't used to be one for foundations which give you glow / dewy skin. Still, I was pretty disappointed by some recent matte foundations I'd tried so I went for Healthy Mix. It was 3 for 2 anyway, so I felt that I might as well.

I regret nothing. It's truly the best drugstore foundation I've ever tried and it has also sparked my love for that healthy glow look. Not only that, but I think it beats some of the high end foundations I've tried.

What's so great about it? Well, as somebody who is always struggling with pale skin, it can be very hard to find a foundation which is a good enough match. Granted, this is still a little darker in colour than I'd like, but I think it blends with my skin better than anything else I've tried, and it isn't that far off. Another thing is that I find it looks very natural. You don't get that cakey look which most foundations give you, and if you managed to get exactly the right colour for you, I don't think you'd be able to tell you were wearing foundation at all. I also tend to get spots quite frequently, and they're the angry red kind that stand out way too much, so coverage is also important to me. I think I'd call this a medium coverage which isn't as high as I'd like, but it's buildable and at the end of the day, concealer was invented for a reason. Plus, the positives outweigh the negatives with this foundation anyway. I will 100% be repurchasing this foundation again and again. 

So now that I'm done raving about it, what do you think? I would love to know your favourite foundations in the comments. In particular, dewy foundations and dewy high end foundations you like! I really want to try the YSL Touche Eclat foundation and the Chanel Vitalumiere so if you've tried either of those, let me know, or send me links if you've done reviews!

Comments

  1. I'm a fan of this Bourjois foundation too. I have been impressed with Max Factor Skin Luminizer recently. I also have Channel's Vitalumiere and YSL TE foundation - keep coming back to both of these - definitely worth checking them out...x

    Carrie | What I Love Today x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good to hear it! I think I'm going to pick one of them up if I get a job soon to reward myself haha! x

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried this one but my summer favourite is the gel serum healthy mix!! You'll defo have to try it it's amazing!!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah I've seen that but didn't really know what it was. I'll have a look next time I'm in boots x

      Delete
  3. I love the Healthy Mix too and as a fellow pale skinned girl I found the Chanel Vitalumiere too dark for me, even in the palest shade. Bobbi Brown do some wonderful dewy foundations though xx

    beauthonesty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's annoying! Brands really need to start doing lighter shades!

      Delete
  4. I love this foundation, really good coverage, although a very small shade range at the stores I go to.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I find that's the way with drugstore foundations! I always just go for the palest one though x

      Delete
  5. this foundation sounds amazing! which they had my range. great review

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard so many positive things about this foundation, would love to try it. It seems to be. Dry popular in the blog community !

    Maya
    Http://beautish-bymaya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts