Pages



Thursday, February 05, 2015

NARS Mata Hari Blusher Review


NARS Mata Hari* may not seem like the most obvious shade to go for if you've got pale skin, but it's one I have a lot of love for. Over Winter, I've sort of toned down my makeup and have been using really pale and subtle blushes, usually with some sparkles in there. But Summer will be returning soon, so if you're looking for a brighter blush to expand your collection for the warmer months, this may be the one for you.


I must admit that I was a little afraid to use this when it first arrived as it's quite a bright, purpley-toned blush, but I found that I was pleasantly surprised. The NARS formula is always wonderfully soft and easily applied, and this colour is definitely a buildable one. I use the Real Techniques blush brush with it, which is quite fluffy so it doesn't pick up too much product, so it's great for applying this. It adds a nice amount of colour to your cheeks and works really well if you're going for less focus on the eyes and lips, more on the cheeks. It's also a matte colour so, though it is bright, it's not super sparkly and massively in your face. 

I've seen a lot of reviews and pictures of this blush used on darker skin, and it definitely looks great on them, but I also think it looks great on pale skin. As you can see from the swatch, it isn't as bright as you'd expect, and I've applied a good five layers of the product there to get that level of intensity.


I absolutely love NARS blushers, despite the fact the packaging gets dirty quite quickly (see top picture - oops) and I want my collection to grow. I've only got two at the moment - Mata Hari and Super Orgasm. I'm sure I'll have a review of Super Orgasm up soon. I would always recommend Mata Hari and I think it needs more attention in the blogging world!

Let me know what you think of this blush in the comments - would you wear it?


10 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's such a pretty shade.

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. NARS blushes are one of the best quality out there. The shade is lovely bright pink. I also have Super Orgasm and Luster. I highly recommend Luster. It is one of my favorite shades.x

    www.ninzbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost bought another one yesterday. There's a few I've got my eye on! Love them x

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous colour! I love pink blushes like this, especially in the summer x

    www.vanillabeautyx.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Becky!! Just wanted to let you know I have nominated you for the Liebster Awards! Ps. really enjoyed this post! :)

    http://thoughtsandmascara.blogspot.com/2015/02/liebster-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love this colour xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning colour! Beautiful!

    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3