Pages



Monday, February 23, 2015

Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo Review


Maybelline Colour Tattoos have been talked about forever, but somehow I've never done a blog post on any. I've got a nice collection going on and I wear them pretty much at least once a week. So here are my thoughts on one of the most hyped up products out there!


I have the shades 'Timeless Black', 'Permanent Taupe', 'On and on Bronze', 'Metallic Pomegranate', 'Pink Gold' and 'Turquoise Forever' which are swatched below in that order. The first two are matte and the others are shimmery. I think these are all great colours, though admittedly I haven't worn the blue one very often. 

The only weak one of the bunch I would say is Timeless Black. It looks like it will come out super pigmented and smooth, but it's actually kind of chalky and applies a little unevenly, and it isn't as dark as you'd expect. I still think it's a good colour, however, as I find it pretty hard to find matte black shadows which aren't in a palette, especially cream shadows. 

Permanent Taupe is a really nice one if you're going for a matte look. It applies really smoothly - not unevenly like the black - and it can be sheered out or built up to be more of a solid colour. It's a really classic colour and it makes a great base but also looks good alone. I also sometimes use it as a base for Mac's Satin Taupe which is one of my favourite eyeshadows as it's a similar colour.

On and on Bronze (or Bad to the Bronze) is loved by pretty much every blogger out there and I have to agree that it's a beautiful colour. It's the type of shadow you can just throw on quickly and it'll look great but will also be an amazing base to any of your bronzes or golds. It can be great for an everyday look or could be used with darker shades to smoke it out.

I bought Metallic Pomegranate some time at the start of Autumn because I was on that plum/berry hype. It is really great if you want that look and you can tone down the colour a little by using more neutral eyeshadows. I admittedly don't wear this as much as the others but I still love it just as much.

Pink Gold is another favourite. It's a really nice subtle one which goes GREAT with the Naked 3 palette because it's so pink. It's really nice for Spring and I love to wear it alone for a subtle look. I feel like this colour is a little greasier than the others but it could just be my imagination or it could just be the particular batch.

And finally, Turquoise Forever. I thought this would be great for Summer, maybe to apply as a pop of colour over a black liner. I found it really hard to apply this way but I'm sure there are other ways of wearing it. Maybe you like blue eyeshadow, or maybe you want to be a mermaid for the day. Who knows!


So basically if I were to put them in order of how much I love them it would go: On and on Bronze, Pink Gold, Permanent Taupe, Metallic Pomegranate, Timeless Black, Turquoise Forever. They're all really smooth and apply nicely. They're similar to MAC Paint Pots but are a little more slippery / wet if that makes sense(?). They're easier to blend than the Paint Pots but don't seem to last for as long. They are long lasting, but I do find that they can crease a little, especially Pink Gold! They don't do that as much if you put a shadow on top, however.

I really want to try the other shades and I'm always tempted by the gold one. I know they have other shades in America which we don't have and I wish I could get my hands on those too!


Let me know in the comments what you think of these, and if you have any favourites, or any shades you want to recommend to me! I love hearing your opinions. :)

7 comments:

  1. Somehow I still haven't picked any of these up, even after hearing such great things about them! Next time I'm in Boots I'm definitely going to pick up On and on Bronze, it looks like such a beautiful shade! Great post, thanks for sharing x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You honestly need one! They're like £3.99 or something, so such a bargain x

      Delete
  2. The pale blue is such a great colour; this product has completely passed me by, I didn't know it was out yet.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been out for a while! I find that some of the colours aren't always stocked and just show up in certain stores or at certain times. It's pretty hard to find the less common ones!

      Delete
  3. i only have one in a champagne color but i love it!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm jealous, I've only seen the champagne one a couple of times. I keep telling myself not to buy it because I have a similar one by MAC but it's so tempting! x

      Delete
  4. Lovely post!!!! Great photos. Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Tanya
    What makes you beautiful & bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3