Pages



Wednesday, November 05, 2014

My Autumn / Winter Scent


There seems to be a bit of a perfumey theme on my blog currently, what with my November guest post being all about fragrance, but with the season quickly progressing, a blog post on my favourite Autumn / Winter scent has to be done.

You may think that a red plum & freesia scent doesn't sound exactly like it will be perfect for the colder seasons, particularly with the blooming picture of a flower on the front, but for some reason I've been reaching for this almost every day, and it is Victoria's Secret's Pure Seduction - a fragrance mist which I picked up on my Summer travels to California.


I'm a big lover of really sweet, candy-like scents as well as really sharp and sort of musky scents. I would say that this scent falls more into the former category however it has floral hints in it. I suppose you could describe it as sharp and exceedingly sweet and almost citrusy. But I think I've just thrown three opposite words into one there. No surprise, I cannot describe scents! (who even can?) It is described as a 'refreshing formula infused with conditioning Aloe Vera and calming Chamomile' but provides no further description of the scent.

I would say that if you're a person who is reluctant to leave the Summery scents behind but wants something a little more Season-appropriate, then definitely go down to Victoria's Secret and give this a whiff. Having said that, I'm not one to limit myself with scents according to Season and for the most part I simply wear what I feel like wearing. Who even says what Winter smells like?

So that's my signature scent set for this season. I'm hoping I don't run out of the stuff because it is gorgeous. Let me know what your favourite scent for this season is - I definitely need to purchase a new perfume since it's been months since I last did!

6 comments:

  1. This looks so pretty :)

    Serene

    xoxo

    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have this and i love it, I'm wanting to pick a few more up soon :)

    xolucy.blogspot.com :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I would recommend Mango Temptation and Love Spell - I love those two as well :) x

      Delete
  3. I have some of these, i have the coconut and vanilla one! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah not a massive fan of vanilla but coconut sounds inviting :--) x

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3