Pages



Saturday, November 08, 2014

Autumn Beauty / Fashion Haul: Topshop, Zoella Beauty, Soap And Glory

zoella beauty soap and glory topshop

I found university pretty uninspiring for a while and, of course, when lost for anything else to do, you go shopping. And that's what i did. I went down to Birmingham with my family and stocked up on the things I was needing (with some added extras).

zoella beauty soap and glory topshop

First of all I made use of the 3 for 2 offers in Boots and decided to purchase my first Soap and Glory beauty items. I've heard a lot about their products in the past but always overlooked the brand and opted for something else (usually L'Oreal - if you've been reading my blog for a while you'll know I love L'Oreal) but this time I thought I'd give Soap & Glory a try. I was in need of a backup felt tip eyeliner and since the Soap & Glory Supercat eyeliner has received so much love, I decided to give it a try. So far I'm loving it just as much as my previous favourite felt tip liner and it's around the same price.

zoella beauty soap and glory topshop
Left to right: Supercat Eyeliner, Sexy Mother Pucker, Love At First Blush

Secondly from Soap and Glory I decided to get a new blush / highlighter. The 'Love At First Blush' is described as a blusher but personally I've been using it as more of a pink-toned highlight. It gives a really nice sheen and I've been using it in preference to other highlighters from MAC and Benefit so it was definitely worth the money.

And finally, of course, I needed the third item and since it's Autumn I decided to go for the Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in 'Raplumzel'. I've heard Fleur DeForce and others talking about these gloss sticks so I decided I would buy it because I love anything remotely plum lately and I always seem to be losing my others. It has a really nice chocolatey sort of scent and is quite thick and moisturising on the lips. I'm loving it so far!

zoella beauty soap and glory topshop

As I got in the queue to pay, I came across the Zoella Beauty stuff and could not resist, deciding to buy the Soak Opera bath soak & shower cream and the Creamy Madly Dreamy body lotion. Both products have the same sweet sort of scent which I can't really describe but it reminds me of my childhood. The smell lasts quite a while too which is always a good thing. I definitely found that the body lotion smelled a lot nicer when it was actually on my skin rather than in the tube. I'm going to be doing a review of these products after I've given them a bit more use, hopefully!

zoella beauty soap and glory topshop

And last but not least, I needed some long sleeved tops for Autumn and Topshop is always trustworthy for providing me clothing that I will love. I have this ribbed crop top in the short sleeved grey version but since it's so cold now I needed something long sleeved and decided to go with a burgundy and an olive colour. I just love that the ribs are quite widely spaced and it sort of looks like jumper material but it's a lot thinner. There is just something about these tops that I adore and I can't put my finger on it! For £10 each I think they're a bargain.

And that's everything I picked up. Let me know your opinions on anything mentioned in the post - I love hearing them! I'm especially curious about what people are thinking of Zoella's products or if you want to try them?

Hope you have a great day<3

17 comments:

  1. I really loved reading about all your latest purchases. I really want Raplumzel, as I have nudist and it is gorgeous. I really love plum colours too! I wanted to buy something from the Zoella beauty range also but when I smelt them in store, it just smelt familiar and boring to me...I might be wrong but I just didn't see anything special about in unfortunately :-( I love L'Oreal too:-)

    Love Charlotte xxxx
    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of got that impression with Zoella Beauty too but I wanted to give it a try. The smell has kind of grown on me? And the body lotion does smell really good on your skin, much better than when I smelled it in store x

      Delete
  2. Soap & Glory make up is literally amazing! I have the coral blush and absolutely adore it, as well as their eyebrow pencil :) Got to take advantage of those Boots offers! xx

    everythingbutthekitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of always thought it would be amazing! Don't know why it took me this long to try it really. I was tempted by their eyebrow pencil but I want to use up my others first - I mostly use powder for my brows anyway! x

      Delete
  3. I need to try one of those felt tip pen liners! I don't think we have Soap and Glory in the US. Those swatches look really good though!

    dyannedavid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're honestly amazing! L'Oreal do a really good one which has literally lasted me about a year of using it every day x

      Delete
  4. Great post, that Soap & Glory blush is so pretty! Would you recommend Zoe's products? I want the body mist :)
    Loves! Kirstie @ Kimamely Beauty (kimamely.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got her lotion and body wash and they are great! I definitely recommend them. They smell really good too.

      Delete
    2. I would recommend the lotion and I think the body wash is good value for the amount of product you get. They have a really nice smell that grows on you and I also think they would make really good gifts for younger people. I haven't actually smelt the body mist but I think it's the same scent as the other products which is a nice smell and it also lasts quite a long time. Not sure on the mist though like I said! x

      Delete
  5. I love soap & glory makeup - really need to buy some more but that blusher looks like such a nice colour! Those ribbed long sleeved tops are lovely too - very versatile! xx

    Kay | What Kay Does

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really nice colour - very shimmery and subtle. :) x

      Delete
  6. I really loved reading about your latest purchases. I have been wanting to try the Zoella Beauty collection since she announced it, and after reading your review I think I definitely will :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend a try for sure :) x

      Delete
  7. I've been wanting to try Zoella's range. I might finally give it a go now after this review :) thanks!
    www.wanderfreeblog.wordpress.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth trying! The body lotion is actually my favourite still :)

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3