Pages



Sunday, September 07, 2014

My Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick Collection


Hi guys! So the other day I went into Superdrug and a certain lipstick by Rimmel was calling out to be and I ended up buying it. I then went home and added it to the lipstick section of my makeup drawer and remembered the other two lipsticks I have from the Kate collection and decided to do a little post reviewing the colours that I have.


Left to right: 04, 107, 006, 113.


The first I have is 113, and orangey / brownish nude. I'm not sure if this suits me. I don't really think that it does and I can't remember why I bought it. I think it was from the days when I feared lipstick and thought that nude was the only way forward. Or perhaps it was from the days when I wanted to be Eleanor Calder and decided a nude lip was the next step. Now this colour is creamy and applies well and it is a great nude if you like that sort of colour, but for me, I'm not a huge fan. What do you think about it on me?


I've just looked at this lipstick properly and realised it's not from the Kate collection but I'm including it anyway. It's 006 Pink Blush and it's just a simple pink. I thought this might look a little darker on than it does but I still like it. I am a huge fan of lipsticks like this for the everyday. All of these lipsticks have the same sort of creamy feel on the lips but are also slightly drying in formula. They also all smell like gardens.


This one is my absolutely favourite and many other peoples' favourites, I'm sure. It is 107 - a blue-toned red which I absolutely adore. I'm sure this would make your teeth look very white however I think my teeth are a lost cause in that respect. I think this is the perfect Autumn shade for every day or for going out. I think I'm just going to wear this all of the time from this point onwards. The only problem is that I found it smudged a bit. But that was maybe just because I'm careless. And again, the drying problem. I really like the finish of this lipstick as it's not quite matte but it's also not glossy or satin or anything else.


And the final is my first ever lipstick from the range in 04. I was bought this by my friends for one birthday when I was in my 'I will only wear black or purple lipstick' phase. I haven't worn it since that phase but I think I'm going to start again as I do love it. I remember hating it at the time because it bled out into my skin but when I applied it again recently I didn't have that problem at all, so maybe I was doing something wrong before? Perhaps wearing a lip balm underneath helped. I don't expect there are a lot of people who would wear a lipstick like this but I really like it and I think it's sort of edgy and the type that people would look at you and think you look awful but others would love it. It all depends how much you care about what everyone will think of you. I personally don't care too much when it comes to makeup and clothing!

And that's my four Rimmel Kate lipsticks. I previously hated these lipsticks but suddenly I've found a place for them in my heart. I definitely think the last two look best on me, but give me your opinions below!

16 comments:

  1. I love these lipsticks, especially 107! The nude shade does suit you in my opinion :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 107 is amazing!! Everyone needs it in their lives. Oh thank you, that makes me feel a bit more confident to wear it! x

      Delete
  2. 107 really suits you! I love these lipsticks! :)

    Amzyinwonderland.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 107 is one of my favourite lipsticks. I'm definitely going to be wearing it a lot this season!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great shade for Autumn!

      Delete
  4. All of these shades look lovely on you! My faves are #107&#104. I have to try them!
    Liz
    50shadesoflizxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, you should try them, I think they'd look amazing with your skin tone x

      Delete
  5. The kate moss lipsticks are awesome!! really love that deep purple on you it makes your eyes pop :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! Definitely going to start wearing it more often now I think x

      Delete
  6. The Kate Moss lipsticks are such amazing quality for the price. Love 107 on you :) xx
    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, I love them :) x

      Delete
  7. I'm obsessed with 107 but I love them all on you!!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3