Pages



Friday, September 05, 2014

August Favourites: MAC, Simple, Rimmel, YSL, Maybelline


Hi guys! So this month I've had a lot of favourites. At the beginning of the month I was dead set on specific products to be in my favourites and by the end of it, a million other products had joined the pile and I was left wondering which products were the ones I'd truly been loving. So it took a lot but I've managed to narrow it down.


The first product was an easy decision for me. It's the Rimmel Kate lipstick in 107. I actually only bought this a couple of days before the end of the month but I fell so in love with it that I couldn't not mention it. I am absolutely going to be wearing this ALL THE TIME during Autumn. It is the best red shade I have found so far and I think it would be perfect for any skin tone honestly.

I had to include a cream eyeshadow product because I use them so frequently. Two I've been loving are the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe and a Mac Paint Pot in Bare Study. Permanent Taupe is one of those shades you can throw on and have a darker lid that looks sort of like you've made an effort. it's also great for putting under colours when you want a darker look or more of a smoky eye. I love that it's matte as it can work with basically any eyeshadow. Bare Study is amazingly long-wearing and crease-proof and it is very translucent-looking on my lids at least so it's the perfect natural colour to give a slight shimmer to an everyday look. I often wear both bare Study and Permanent Taupe on their own and both look gorgeous.

Another favourite in the taupey range is Mac's Satin Taupe eyeshadow. I've never before had that much affection for this product. I basically bought it because I wanted to start out my collection and after a little research found that it was a favourite of many people, particularly Tanya Burr. For a good six months I think I must have only used it twice and then one day I got bored of the usual rosey / goldy shades I would usually wear and decided to opt for a dusting of satin taupe all over my lids. And in that exact moment I fell in love and ever since I've been wearing much more taupe and stepping out of my usual palette.



Mac is always a winner for me. I am so in love with all of the Mac products I own and I don't think there is ever a day when I'm not wearing at least something from Mac. I got this blush in Well Dressed* this month and it was love at first sight. It's a very pale sort of shimmery blush and the pale nature of it makes it great for fair skinned people such as myself. I adore the sort of satin finish it has and how subtle it looks. I got it about half way through the month and have worn it nearly every day since.

Having never owned anything from YSL, I decided I needed a lipstick from the range in my life. Naturally, I went up to the counter, saw Touche Eclat and realised it was definitely a product I needed. It was tax free that day so I felt it was fate and purchased it immediately. I absolutely love the natural look it gives to the under eyes. I can't say I enjoy using it as a highlighting product much but I haven't experimented with it much in that sense. I'm too scared to use it too much, however, as I've heard it can run out quickly and I don't want that day to ever come!

And to end on something simple, quite literally simple as it's from the brand Simple, it's their kind to skin protecting moisturiser. My skin has become ever so slightly more dry lately so I've been needing that little extra to make me feel comfortable, and this is my moisturiser of choice. I basically love any moisturiser from Simple, but this one is one of my favourites for a heavier moisturiser (not that it is that heavy - just heavier than some of the others I use). I loved this particularly while I was at Reading festival as my skin was NOT having a good time that week.

And that is it for my favourites this month. Please do let me know your opinions of any of these products in the comments -  love to know what other people think of the things I enjoy! And as always, I'd love to heard your recommendations for products you think I might like. I hope you have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Is the YSL cover dark circle well? I want to try one too but not sure whether it worth the money.

    Kiss me Sunday // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that its coverage isn't great and it's more for brightening. I would recommend the collection concealer more than this for covering dark circles, and it's way way cheaper.

      Delete
  2. Love the look of your mac quad, you have some gorgeous shades! Satin taupe has been on my wishlist forever!
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Satin taupe has got to be my favourite mac shadow at the moment. Never thought it would end up a favourite!

      Delete
  3. You have some fabulous products especially the Mac eye shadows. I love them.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone does! They're amazing! x

      Delete
  4. I agree, MAC is always a winner for me too. It was the first makeup brand I ever had, and that is probably why I am so loyal to it to this day. Love your blog and am following you! Please come visit me too at http://melissygoose.blogspot.com/ Thanks for letting me read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was the first you had?! That surprises me haha, I didn't even know what it was when I first started wearing makeup, all I knew was the stuff in superdrug! x

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3