What's In My Travel Makeup Bag?

Okay so I can only apologise about these pictures! I had to do them in a hurry before I packed my case! Anyway, I did a post on packing for holiday and thought I'd focus on my makeup bag to let you all know what beauty items I'll be taking with me!


To start with lips (since I think I've gone a bit over the top with them), I basically just packed so I'd have a colour for every situation. I've got nude, red, brights and more subtle colours. I can't imagine I'll wear all of them but JUST IN CASE! I've also got with me a lip scrub because I use it a lot. In the full spirit of Summer, I decided to take Santa's Lip Scrub with me.


Skincare items are quite important but I didn't want to take too much with me. I settled for the trusty Garnier Micellar water, a cleansing oil, a moisturiser with SPF and a 'Good Morning Eye Treatment'. I'm very concerned about explosions occurring in my bag but I'm just going to hope that doesn't happen!


I didn't want to take expensive face items because I'm worried about them exploding or smashing or something. I've got a mattifying primer (L'Oreal Studio Secrets), two foundations (L'Oreal True Match and Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid) to mix together, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, a BB Cream and a highlighter / skin brightener by MUA. I also decided to take Benefit's Watts Up but that isn't pictured.


Again trying not to take too many high end products, I decided on my trusty Maybelline cream blush, a Bourjois Little Round Pot, the NYC Big Bold bronzer, The Body Shop Honey bronzer and the Sleek Pink Lemonade Palette. All of this is keeping in mind that it's likely to be very hot in California so I tried to stick to products that will work well in hot weather.


I really had to limit myself with eye products. I really don't think I'm going to use a lot since I'll be by the pool or the sea most days (I think) but I had to plan for everything! I've got my little primer samples from Urban Decay, three Maybelline Colour Tattoos, two MUA palettes (matte and shimmery so I'll have something for every mood), two mascaras and an eyeliner. I've blogged about basically everything before which is why I'm keeping this short! I also took with me my Too Faced Joy To The Girls palette but that isn't pictured.

I'm not putting this in my hand luggage since I've decided to travel in no makeup completely. I'm not too worried about people seeing my naked face and I've got sunglasses to hide behind anyway! I know this post was quite short and snappy but I've provided some links to give you more information on some of the products mentioned which hopefully will help if you want to know more! 

Let me know what you think of some of the products I've chosen and what your favourite items to travel with are!


Comments

  1. Such lovely picks, you'll be able to create so many gorgeous make-up looks with all of those!

    Mia xx
    http://miararaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought! Turns out I've hardly worn any of them yet haha! x

      Delete
  2. I really loved finding out what makeup items you take with you on your holiday. I always go overboard with my lip products too because you never know what time of lipstick and colour you want to chose:-) I really want to try the Bodyshop Honey bronzer. Love this post xxxx

    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the body shop honey bronzer but I think it's overpriced compared to other drugstore bronzers and I don't really think it's anything special! x

      Delete
  3. Lovely items! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! You have some amazing products, i want them all haha!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know the feeling x

      Delete
  5. So many amazing lip products! I've been wanting to try one of the lush lip scrubs! And I've heard so many amazing things about the BS bronzer- it looks gorgeous!

    CBH | June Favorites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lip scrubs are great though a little overpriced!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there ^^ ♥ . Im just stopped by to tell you that your post has been featured in my `Best blog posts of June` here < http://itsrozee.tumblr.com/post/90695946360/best-blog-posts-of-june > .Thanks for being amazing. bye and lots of love ♥

    Roze | http://itsrozee.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you limited yourself on the eye products but not on lip and foundation? lol to each her own :)

    I like that you use drugstore products too.. some of the blogs I see just have high ends left and right.

    Arianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eye products aren't that limited. I can get a lot of different looks out of three palettes and a few cream shadows. Haha I'm too poor for all high end! Plus, drugstore is just as good in a lot of cases! :) x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts