Pages



Thursday, July 17, 2014

American Beauty Haul: Mac, Nars, Tarte, Nyx, Eyeko, Wet N Wild, And More!


Hi guys! While I was in California I allocated myself a certain amount of money to spend purely on cosmetics and clothing and, of course, I had to spend every last penny. I tried to get things either that we don't have in the UK or I can't get near me in the UK, or things I knew I was going to inevitably buy in the future anyway since this felt like guilty free purchasing to me since I was on holiday.


These first two things aren't really things I'm excited about. I just went into the airport and my mum bought a magazine which just happened to come with this mascara and I then saw a magazine with a free Eyeko eyeliner and couldn't help but buy it since the RRP is like £22 and I basically got it for £2. Admittedly, the Company mascara isn't good. I doubt I'll ever use it except perhaps on top of another mascara. I like mascara to give me lots of volume and this mascara didn't do that at all. The eyeliner is in the shade Navy which I mistakingly got thinking it was going to be black, but I'm not too fussed since I haven't got a navy eyeliner but I've got plenty of black ones. I've worn this a couple of times and I can't say it's any match for my L'Oreal eyeliner which I mention here if you want to read more about it.


I had a bit of trouble with the old burning of the lips which was TRAUMATIC for me so I got my beloved father to purchase some Blistex Moisture Melt protecting lip balm because it had an SPF of 15. I did not want to sunburn ANY MORE and I didn't which was great. I also hopped on down to CVS, thinking they were going to sell Sonia Kashuk which they did not. Great. Thanks CVS. But instead, I bought some of the things they did have which was a L'Oreal balm stick thing, a Revlon sparkly balm stick thing, a Nyx butter gloss, a Nyx butter lipstick and a Wet N Wild Palette. If you want to know what these are ACTUALLY called, you're going to have to watch my Youtube video because my feels are telling me not to stand up and look right now. You can probably guess anyway - they're the chubby sticks.


This palette was amazing when I was in California. I only used the left hand side but I thought it was really great to get a look suitable for day and night and I was SO lazy with makeup so that was a real saviour.


And THE MOST EXCITING PART is the high end stuff I got. I had a list of things I wanted to buy while I was there. Admittedly, I didn't get everything on that list but I got things which I think will love just as much. Probably more, really. 

Firstly, I walked into Sephora and had to resist all of the many displays, but there was one display I couldn't resist and that was the Anastasia Brow Wiz. I don't regret buying this - it's much easier to use than some of my other eyebrow pencils or using a powder. I also bought a Nars blush because I don't own any which is one of life's struggles. I got it in the shade 'Super Orgasm' because I figured I wouldn't just go for straight up 'Orgasm' and be a bit different. I do regret this decision now as Super Orgasm is REALLY sparkly but I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it anyway.

Then I walked into another Sephora (there seems to be a lot of them around...) and spent a good half hour looking at the Amazonian Clay Powder Foundation before deciding I didn't NEED another foundation and especially not for that money. So instead I bought an Amazonian Clay blush in the shade 'Blissful'. I wish I'd got one which was more red in colour now since I don't have any red blushers but I've got plenty in this sort of pink.

And finally, I had a fair few dollars left and I wanted to spend them so I found my way to a Mac Store and decided to just get two cult favourites I'd been dying to try, and I got a Mineralise Skin Finish in 'Soft & Gentle' and a lipstick in 'Creme Cup'. I'm loving Soft & Gentle since I don't have a powder highlighter (I actually can never find any??? recommend some to me if you know of any), and Creme Cup is also such a nice colour. It's really subtle which is what I want out of a lipstick.

And that, my friends, is it! If you want reviews of any of these products feel free to request, and I shall provide. And make sure to watch my Youtube video which will be up on my channel very soon! Subscribe to me or follow my twitter to see when it's up. Also comment telling me your opinions of these products or any recommendations of things you think I'd like!

12 comments:

  1. Love looking at what people have been buying lately! Hope you had an amazing time!

    Charlotte // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I always love hauls! And yep, I did, it was amazing<3

      Delete
  2. The Wet n Wild palette looks so pretty! x

    http://books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is :) It was really cheap too - only a few dollars I think x

      Delete
  3. I've been tempted by Soft and Gentle, the Anastasia Brow Wiz and tarte blushes recently, and this makes me want them more haha

    Josie
    josievalerie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted them for ages too, so happy I finally got them! I've wanted Soft & Gentle especially for SO LONG. <3

      Delete
  4. I have the wet n wild palette and I am loving it so far!

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! Glad to hear you're loving it too. I haven't got a chance to really play around with it yet so I'm still getting a feel for it x

      Delete
  5. You got some great products. I especially want to try the NYX butter lipsticks. The Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette is one of my favourites, and I use it a lot. Its so versatile.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lipsticks are so good! Gonna get some more as soon as possible x

      Delete
  6. I love those lip products - they look so pretty :)
    P.S. I've scrolled through your other posts... I LOVE YOUR HAIR!

    Arianne | http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much! I wanted to cut it but everyone has told me I'm not allowed haha! Don't think they understand how much effort it is :p x

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3