Travel Tips: Packing Your Suitcase


Hi guys! As you are reading this, I will be in California! Going on any holiday leads to inevitable stress (for me, at least) due to worrying you've forgotten to pack something essential! I thought I'd put together this post to help any of you who are travelling soon!

Tip 1: Lists

Even as I was doing this post I realised I'd forgotten things. I would definitely recommend writing a list (or having a list) because I didn't do that and forgot a few things. Tick everything off as you put it in the case so you know it's in there, not just as you've put it in the pile to go in later. This list will come in handy when you're repacking everything at the end of the holiday as well as you'll know you haven't left anything behind!

Tip 2: Piles

I found it best to lay everything out on the floor first in categories so I would know I had a bit of everything I needed. These categories are above but I'm missing pyjamas because I forgot about those, oops! The two 'tops' piles are nice tops for the evening and casual tops. I also planned out outfits at this point to make sure I actually had outfits that went together and not just a load of clothes that don't match.

Tip 3: Plan

I always think through one day in my head and imagine myself doing everything so I don't forget things. So I wake up, clean my teeth, do my skincare routine, get dressed, apply makeup, go to the beach, shower, go out for a meal, and come home and go to bed. That's just an example but I always think this is a good idea because you can think through everything you'll need at each point. 

Tip 4: Organise

I know that a lot of people find it useful to have little bags within the suitcase to separate everything. This would also prevent your clothes from creasing as much and protect them from any spillages. I personally don't do this because I'm too lazy but I think it's a really good idea. I have put all of my makeup into a bag along with some skincare items since makeup everywhere would be a nightmare. My next post will show you the contents of my makeup bag so come back in two days if you want to see that!

Tip 5: Prepare

Remember that you might buy things when you're on holiday so do not cram your case full of stuff you're not going to be able to fit in again with the addition of other items. It might be a good idea to take a slightly larger hand luggage bag so if you really do run out of space in your case you've at least got a back up.

What not to forget:

I thought I'd save you the trouble of a list by giving you one here! Obviously you might need to add things and take things off.

- Boarding passes, passports, money etc.
- Suncream, after sun, moisturiser, cleanser, toner etc.
- Bikinis / swimsuits, towels.
- Sunglasses / hats.
- Underwear / socks.
- Shoes.
- Day clothes to keep you cool.
- Evening clothes.
- A jacket just in case it's not as warm as you think!
- Toothbrush / toothpaste / shampoo / razors / tweezers etc.
- Makeup / hair spray / hair brush etc.
- Lip balm (preferably with SPF).
- Books.

And that's all I can think of! If I've missed anything, put it in the comments! I hope you have a good time on holiday if you're going!



Comments

  1. I am so jealous of your holiday, I have always wanted to visit California x
    http://blushingbeauty9.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a helpful post, thank you! Have fun in California, going next year and I can't wait :)

    Mia xx
    http://miararaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's amazing here so I'm sure you'll love it :) x

      Delete
  3. Wow have an amazing holiday!! This was a great post:)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have an amazing holiday and this post of really helpful, thanks :)

    www.randomindistilling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post,love!You have an amazing blog.Following you via GFC now,hope you'll do the same!:)

    xoxo Antonella!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun in California, sooo jealous. I did the same thing when I have to travel abroad

    Kiss me Sunday // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! It is amazing over here x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts