Pages



Sunday, June 22, 2014

Summer Beauty Essentials - Melt-Proof Makeup!


Hi guys! So it's definitely Summer now and it's super hot outside most of the time. I'm so happy about that because I love heat and we don't get much of it in England. The only bad thing is that makeup does not last long at all! I've got a few tips for how I get my makeup to last a little longer and also just the products I've been loving to wear lately!


The first is the Maybelline Dream Touch blush which I have a review up on here. My thoughts on it have actually changed since then and I really like it. The reason I have been liking this is because it's a cream blush. Now, I don't wear this on its own for sure but I have been wearing it in addition to a powder blush. I've noticed that wearing both leads to the colour lasting for a lot longer which is exactly what I want at this time of year.

I've been wearing all of my products on top of the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Smoothing Perfecting primer, of course, since this is my favourite primer and it is seriously mattifying and makes everything last so much longer! It's my absolutely favourite primer and I'd completely recommend buying it. I might put a full review of it up soon so keep your eyes peeled! (who invented that saying? it's weird.)


Another to prevent the melt. The Mac Pro Longewear Paint Pots are fabulous little things. I use this as a primer but it can be worn on its own as well for a very subtle shimmer. They make your eyeshadow last all day and look great on their own for days when you're too lazy to do anything properly. The particular shade above is Bare Study.


And finally, I need a bronzer. This could be sued all over the face but it's definitely too dark for that for me! I do love it for a good, strong contour to give more of a tanned look to the winter when I might use something a little more subtle. I also sometimes use a more shimmery bronzer for a bronzed look over the face rather than a contour, but I'm definitely loving a lot of bronze in this heat! I should invest in a fake tan really but I've only got my eye on St Tropez and that is WAY too expensive. Let me know in the comments if you know of any other good ones.


And here's some swatches of the products! Left to right: Hoola, Dream Touch, Paint Pot.

Let me know what you can't live without in Summer and also any good fake tans you know of! Hope you're enjoying the heat if it's Summer for you right now too!




10 comments:

  1. You have some fabulous products there. I swear by the Mac paint pots. I have found a primer that really helps to keep my make up in place all day, and to control the oil, and that is the relatively new Max Factor primer. I have oily/combo skin so find I have to powder 3 or 4 times during the day. But since using that primer, I never have to touch up.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I should've mentioned powder in this post really! Haha, what a basic thing to forget. I'll have a look at the Max Factor primer but I do have a lot of love for the L'Oreal one so it'd have to be AMAZING for me to switch!

      Delete
  2. Great post!


    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2014/06/yellow.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It's super hot in Spain in the summer and I hate putting on makeup then. I love maybelline's color tattoo eye shadows and BB creams. And cream blushes, which just reminded me I need a new one, and Maybelline Dream Touch blush seems like the perfect candidate!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a really good, lightweight blusher that's easy to blend. Surprised me with how good it is! I love the Colour Tattoos as well but I find they're not quite as long-wearing as the Mac Paint Pots so I prefer them around this time of year.

      Delete
  4. Never use Mac Paint pot before but the colour is gorgeous!
    Kiss me Sunday // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. Nice and subtle :) x

      Delete
  5. Fab idea for a blog post hun! Perfect in this weather!!
    I also love Paint Pot in Bare Study!!
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3