Pages



Sunday, June 15, 2014

Review: L'Oreal Lumi Magique Illuminating Powder


I know I've said a million times that L'Oreal is one brand that has never disappointed me, and that's kind of true. Every product I have from them has been absolutely amazing and I love them all, except for this. I hate to give L'Oreal a bad review but I just don't think that this product lives up to its name or my expectations. 

As you can see, it looks quite worn down in my picture. Don't be fooled, I haven't used it many times. The times I have used it have been desperate attempts to try to figure this product out and find a way to actually use it.

When I purchased this product, I remember seeing a shimmering swirl of pink and nude, expecting a magnificent powder highlight from one of my all time favourite brands. WRONG. Little did I know that the shimmer I could see was just an overspray and beneath would be a matte powder with a shimmery pink blob in the middle. Why put an overspray on a product? Somebody please just tell me. It's misleading!


So anyway, while the shimmer lasted (about two uses), it was a good product. Nice for highlighting the cheek bones. After that? I just don't know! I thought maybe it'd be good for under the eyes to set my concealer but no, I ended up having pink under eyes. Just using the matte part perhaps would work, but then, I have other powders which are just as good and I can use my normal brush for instead of a little one to try to get the matte part. I did try using it as a pinkish highlight for my cheekbones but it wasn't that great and I'd much rather use something else. It took quite a bit of it to get any effect too.

This is NOT a product you could use as a powder for that glowy look since it will most likely turn you pink! It did for me anyway. It is a really nice, soft powder that feels nice on the skin. It just doesn't look nice. I think I'd rather have something that felt gross but looked nice really.

L'Oreal, I am so very, very sorry, but I don't like this product. If anybody knows how to make this actually work well for anything at all, please let me know in the comments because I'd hate to waste it, not that it was particularly expensive, but I am saving for uni which means I am poor.

8 comments:

  1. I agree with you on this product. I have only used mine once, and ever since it has been at the back of one of my make up drawers.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had such high expectations for it and it was a complete flop! :( x

      Delete
  2. I guess this is something won't try...

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't recommend it! x

      Delete
  3. I also didnt get along with this! :(
    xprincessjas | xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not the only one!

      Delete
  4. I purchased this and had the same problem, I love L'oreal, but I think this is there worse product!
    clarabellerose.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what they were thinking really haha x

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3