Pages



Friday, June 13, 2014

Drugstore Beauty Haul


Hello, mes petit pois. EXAMS ARE OVER!! Let us all rejoice and enjoy the fact that I can blog again. Also exciting news for me (although everything seems exciting now I've finished school forever) is that I have started YOUTUBING. Wahoo. I would love it if you'd give my first video a watch on my channel and let me know your thoughts! I know it's a bit cringey and flawed but it's all a learning curve!

Okay so now that I've started rambling about seemingly nothing, time to get into the actual content of this post which is the haul! I went to Manchester the other day with my sister to see One Direction and we had a bit of waiting in the city before we could go in, so I took full advantage and searched their Boots and Superdrug for the Collection concealer since I quite literally have been into many different stores at least fifteen times now and they NEVER HAVE IT in the right shade. Naturally, when looking for one item, I simply MUST come out with a few others, particularly since there was a 3 for 2 on in Superdrug.


Anywho, I managed to find the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in the end to replace mine which is running out. I actually have another one but it's in shade 2 and I need 1. I thought I could get away with 2 but I was oh so wrong. I'm glad I finally manage to find it. Even in Manchester which is a bigger city than where I live and would presumably have better stock, I had to go in three different stores to actually find it.

Batiste were half price or something so I stocked up. I'm always stocking up on dry shampoo. I literally have drawer full of it. I'd never tried the Oriental or Original scent so I decided to get those. I prefer the floral scent still but they're all nice and do the job.

The next thing I got was actually bought for me by my dad since I slipped it into the basket while food shopping in Sainsbury's and that is the Garnier Micellar Water. I am so glad I bought this because it is FRICKIN' AWESOME. I was previously just using a facial wash method with an oil which was great but it was so annoying and I was taking my eye makeup off with coconut oil which was super messy and also annoying so having this product felt like a life changing moment for me. It can be used on eye makeup and all over the face which makes life so much easier and it lifts it off so well and doesn't feel like it's burning my skin off or anything. Not that many products give me that sensation, but what I'm getting at is that it feels really gentle. It has now become a permanent part of my skincare regime and I am very glad of it.


Left: Revlon Balm Stain 045. Right: Revlon Lip Butter 050.

And last but 189% not least is the three Revlon products I grabbed in the 3 for 2 offer. The Lash Potion, a Balm Stain and a Lip Butter. I have not tried these products before and I think I may have fallen in love with all three.

I actually bought the mascara in brown instead of black which is seriously irritating but I just really like the formula of it since it's quite wet. The brush is great too since it's a big old fluffy thing which is what I love. I was just trying to determine what shape the brush is but it was making me feel dizzy. It sort of looked like a clover though. Or those hazard signs that are like three things on a yellow background... Probably shouldn't compare it to that. But it's not a circle. I'm pretty sure of it. I was very cross-eyed when looking at it though so who even knows. The only negative thing is that because it's so wet, it takes quite a while to dry and I am prone to sneezing while applying mascara which becomes quite problematic. 

I adore the Revlon chubby stick things. I have two of the matte balms and I reach for them so often. Mine are two very bright colours but that doesn't stop me. The only problem with the matte balms is that they can be a little drying, like any matte product, but this balm stain does not dry the lips at all. I got it in the shade '045 Romantic' which is just a deep red so it's not ideal for every day but definitely something I would wear in the evening. Plus, when it wears off you've still got that stain underneath (I still have the stain on my hand from that swatch which I did a good few hours ago and having washed my hands multiple times).

And now we are ending on a very high note. I know people have raved about the Lip Butters before but I really didn't think they were going to be that good. When swatched in store they didn't look that pigmented so I thought they'd be a waste since I normally like something with a lot of pigment. Oh, was I wrong. I'm in love. I want to marry this product. I got the shade '050 Berry Smoothie' which is a pink with a tiny sparkle in it that isn't noticeable on the lips. The reason I love this so much is because this feels just like a lip balm when it's on. They are so moisturising! I have mahoosive issues with dry lips as I mentioned in my lip care recommendations so pretty much any lipstick is going to anger me and make me want to take it off. But not this. I thought I was wearing lip balm. I'm going to buy these in every colour, I'm pretty sure. I don't know if the rest of you are this in love but I hope you are because how could you not.

And now that I've rambled about my passionate love for a lipstick, I'm going to end the post before it goes too far. Let me know your thoughts on any of the products in the comments! Also if you know of any lip products which are just as moisturising as the lip butters, PLEASE tell me because I want to try them all.

12 comments:

  1. Those Batiste cans are adorable!

    For moisturizing lip products, I find the Maybelline Color Whispers to be excellent. They're like tinted lip balms and gloss rolled into one. It's very comfortable to wear, too so I don't think it'll anger you. It's definitely one of my all-time favorite lip products!

    http://MakeLittleJoys.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I don't usually like Maybelline products but I'll have a look and see what I think. Thanks :) x

      Delete
  2. I love the color of the lipsticks!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they look even better on :) x

      Delete
  3. Love a good haul! Finally got my hands on the collection concealer and can't wait to try it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always end up using it because it's so affordable and does the job!

      Delete
  4. I love the Garnier Micellar Water, it is fantastic, and is lasting me ages.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's great! It isn't lasting that long for me though haha, I use so much of it x

      Delete
  5. Love the colour of the lip butter, I went through a phase of being obsessed with them but I haven't got that colour yet.

    I've not tried the oriental Batiste, I might have to try that when mine runs out!

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think everyone's been through that phase, I'm just reaaally late. I don't usually buy a lot of lip products.

      Delete
  6. I absolutely loooove the Garnier Micellar Water, it works so much better than any other products I've used! x

    meggietheveggie.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3