Summer Scents: Yves Rocher, One Direction, The Body Shop

perfumes summer scents

There's been a heatwave in gloomy old England this weekend which has made me feel very happy and in the full swing of summery spirit. I've switched up my wardrobe to something a little more Summery (though apparently I don't have many Summery clothes) and I've been using a lot more Summery-scented things. Personally I feel a bit like there aren't scents that are Summer specific because you can wear whatever you want all year round, and I would! These are just a few scents I'll be reaching for most during the Summer months.

perfumes summer scents

The first is the Yves Rocher Moment de Bonheur* (£38.00). This is an absolutely gorgeous scent and is a definitely Spring/Summer scent. It's the type of thing I'd wear during the day in Summer and when I smell it I'm reminded of days on the beach or picnics in fields filled with daisies. It's described as 'A modern and sparkling accord created from a delicate and transparent infusion of Centifolia Rose from Grasse, subtly enhanced with the crunchy and sharp imprint of the unusual essence of sweet apple. At the base, the woody signature of Virginia Cedar essence reveals the note’s vibrant character.' I'm definitely getting that sharpness through and I absolutely love a sharp scent. It's not an overpowering scent, it's just one that sort of fills the air in the nicest way. This may have overtaken my favourite Kenzo perfume because both are quite sharp scents but the Yves Rocher one is sharp in a more subtle way and has a sort of floral edge to it. I think I'll be taking this on holiday to California with me next month!

perfumes summer scents

The next is One Direction's 'Our Moment' (£19.99) which is very different to the Yves Rocher. It's much warmer and smells more floral and sweet. I'd wear this all year round really, but if I were to wear it in the Summer it would probably be more of an evening scent. It has top notes of pink grapefruit, wild berries and redcurrants, mid notes of jasmine petals, fresh freesia and frangipani, and dry notes of creamy musk, sheer woods and white patchouli. If I were to recommend a One Direction perfume, however, I'd say to go for That Moment (£19.99) which is a special edition of Our Moment, just because it has an even nicer smell and when I tested it, after a few hours it was smelling just like Our Moment. I love it when a scent noticeably changes through the day. Next time That Moment is on offer I'm going to purchase it to add to my collection.

perfumes summer scents

I bought these two the other day when I walked into The Body Shop to buy one item, realised the new raspberry collection is out, and ended up spending about £40. The Raspberry Eau de Toilette (£8.50) is new to the store (though I think they're just bringing it back because I've definitely owned things from the collection before) and it is my favourite Body Shop scent for sure. It literally just smells like raspberries and is so gorgeous. I'll be putting up a post about some of the other items from the collection very soon. The other perfume is the Atlas Mountain Rose perfume oil (£7) and you can get one of these perfumes for free when you sign up for a loyalty card which costs £5. I only got one because you get 10% discount and with the amount I payed, the card only cost me 60p. This is another of those sharp scents I love. I can't even describe this really but it smells like the Kenzo perfume I have again. I know that isn't very helpful but it was in a gift set and doesn't have the name on it so I have no idea what it's called. It's just gorgeous.

perfumes summer scents

And lastly, it's a body butter. I know this isn't a perfume, but it smells really good so it counts. My favourite of all of the Body Shop body butters is the Blueberry (£13.00) body butter (though it's on par with the raspberry one now). It smells nothing like blueberries to me. Although I actually can't remember what blueberries smell like now. In fact, I'm doubting if I've ever smelled a blueberry. Anyway, it's just fruity and sharp and amazing. But I seem to be describing everything as 'sharp' so now I'm wondering if everything just smells that way to me. Describing scents is just so hard! But everything I have mentioned in this post and beautiful and I love it all.

So now I have a massive headache from sniffing so much perfume but it was worth it. My bedroom now smells more like a perfume shop than it already did also. Let me know what your favourite Summer scents are because I love to switch my perfumes up a lot so it'd be great to add to my collection. 


Comments

  1. I love the Blueberry body butter! I am so intrigued by the Yves Rocher perfume and The Body Shop's Raspberry collection. I haven't had a chance to try either yet. You should give The Body Shop's Honeymania a try. Perfect blend of sweet and floral for the Summer.

    tinyteathings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually a fan of honey scented things but I'll give it a sniff next time I'm in there! And I'll have a post up on the whole raspberry collection on Tuesday if you want to hear more about it :) x

      Delete
  2. The packages look all amazing! I'm sure the content is even better!!! :D

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to lie, I adore the 1D fragrance! Really wasn't what I was expecting but I love it!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same though! I thought it'd be terrible but I really like it! x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing these <3

    www.yourdoseofcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to work on topping up on my summer clothes collection too, when I get a free weekend and no party. Lately the past three weeks there has been something every weekend! I betcha summer will past and I will still have no clothes D:

    Back to the point, I love celeb perfumes. I have very few, due to me being a 15 year old girl and them being expensive, but I aim to get some more in the future ;)

    Check out my post about Finding Nemo: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/05/top-10-things-i-learned-from-finding.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, some of the celeb perfumes are really nice, some are not as good x

      Delete
  6. I love this post, nice to see what other people have as seasonal scents! Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it :) x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts