Pages



Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Review: Skin Revivals


Apologies for the less frequent posts, I've had a mad rush of having to do work for my art exams. It's all good though because that'll all be over soon and I will be free from it for good and moving on in the world! I can't wait. Anyway, in my absence I was sent these items from Skin Revivals. I wasn't expecting much form them because I usually judge a product on their packaging and I just don't think there's anything special about this packaging. I was very pleasantly surprised, however.

I was sent the Organic Facial Cleansing Oil, Harmonising Tonic and Advanced 24 Hour Balm. These appealed to me because of the natural formula and I think if something is natural it's going to be much better in the long run. Putting loads of chemicals on myself freaks me out a bit. The first impressions of all of them was that they smelled of old people but I've gotten used to the smell and it seems quite fresh to me now and pleasant. 


The facial oil is an oil-based cleanser which you can apply to wet or dry skin. The idea is that you massage it into your skin and then take it off with a cloth as with most cleansing oils. It does a great job of getting makeup off, that's for sure, and the oil comes off easily with warm water. I'm not sure if it's suitable for use on the eye area but I haven't tried that yet. It didn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry at all as many cleansers do but just left it feeling clean and pretty much as it normally does but cleaner.


The harmonising tonic is basically a toner and I just pour a bit of it onto a cotton pad and swipe it over my face to get rid of any leftover makeup or dirt from cleansing. Quick and simple and refreshing. It also says it hydrates the skin which is always good.


The final product is the Advanced 24 Hour Balm. I don't know what I was expecting when I heard 'balm' but this is just a moisturiser. It claims to last for 24 hours and absorb quickly into the skin. I wouldn't go 24 hours with just this as a moisturiser though as it is likely to wear off before then. Definitely does leave my skin feeling soft and very moisturised. Not something I would put on in the mornings because it does stay on the face for a while though it isn't exactly greasy, it just definitely feels as if there's something on your face that would result in makeup coming off more quickly.

All in all, three great products which I have been using every evening since I received them. I've been trying to use more natural products lately because I don't want to be full of chemicals all of the time. I've just tried out coconut oil as a cleanser so perhaps I'll post about that soon.

You can buy all of the products I mentioned from here.


2 comments:

  1. These sound good. I've been looking for natural products, will have to give these a go.
    Hope your exams are going well! :) xx

    Amzyinwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them. And thank you! It was only an art exam so it's not that bad really! x

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3