Pages



Thursday, May 01, 2014

Product Empties: Maybelline, Batiste, Rimmel, Collection


I knew I'd been keeping some empty bottles for a post, I just seemed to have forgotten the actual purpose along the way. Thankfully I was reminded on twitter so I went to my drawer and pulled these things out. Nothing too exciting, just things I've used up recently!


Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. Loved by many in the beauty blogging community. I bought it for that exact reason, or rather, the youtube community at that time. My expectations for this were very high but I wouldn't say it met my expectations at all. It made me look orange and sparkly, that was about it. My friend was always telling me my face looked sparkly when we went in the sun, and who wants that? I used it up anyway since I might as well but since this is the lightest shade and was still way too dark for me and made me look like an Edward Cullen / Oompa Loompa hybrid, I will not be repurchasing.


Onto a more positive note, I've used up (another) Batiste dry shampoo. I love these things. not only to make my hair look fresher between washes, but also to give texture and volume. This is one of my favourite scents but the white it leaves in my dark brown hair is a pain. I often use the dark brown tinted one but the problem with that is that it leaves brown on my face if I get too close to it! I do love this product but I use it up so quickly, it becomes quite expensive.



Maybelline's Colossal Volume Express mascara was one of my favourites for so long. I've tried it in just about every form you can buy it in. I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure every single one is exactly the same form the smokey eye to the cat eye to the original one but with a different brush. Even so, I like it so its big brush and the volume it gives. I'm into that clumpy mascara look over a more natural look so this would be the perfect mascara if you like that. Since then I've moved on to the Rimmel Scandaleyes simply because the brush is bigger and I feel that it looks less unnatural (I know I just said I don't like natural lashes but the Colossal mascara leaves your eyelashes feeling quite stiff and a little too clumpy.) and my eyelashes feel less rigid when wearing that. Even so, this mascara was a good one that I wore for a good few years.

Apparently I didn't take a picture of the eyeliner individually but I'm sure you can see from the first image. It's the Collection fast stroke eyeliner. I'm not going to lie, this is the oldest thing ever but I thought I'd mention it because it was my first liquid eyeliner and I still have the bottle. It wasn't particularly good, if I remember, but I was young, what did I know? I remember it being a bit gloopy and easy to flake. I think it's cute to keep some of the first beauty products I ever bought because it's like looking at where this sudden makeup obsession stemmed from.

So that's it for my product empties. I don't feel like I go through many products that often because I like to switch things up a lot so I'm left with a load of half empty things that will probably go out of date. Maybe my next post should be 'old products I should probably never touch again'. 

17 comments:

  1. I love Batiste so much, I get through bottle after bottle haha! xx

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for this post! I've been wondering about that Batiste dry shampoo for some time now, since some people say it's better to use dry shampoo for dyed hair so the dye won't come off as quickly as compared to rinsing your hair in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Batiste is great for undyed hair as well because it means you don't have to wash it as often x

      Delete
  3. I use so much Batiste, it's the only thing that really helps with oily hair. I think it's better than any of the more expensive types of dry shampoo I have tried as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. My hair can get pretty gross too so it's a real life saver x

      Delete
  4. I really love Wake Me Up foundation, shame it made you all sparkly :(

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people love it but it just looked so bad on me!

      Delete
  5. I totally agree about the wake me up foundation!! It definitely was not worth the hype and it made my face a completely different colour to my body!
    I've never really gotten into dry shampoo because I wash my hair everyday (even though I know I shouldnt...)
    Little Beauty Blog
    Great post!
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the only one, yesss!! I'm too lazy to wash my hair every day which is a pretty good thing since it's not good for your hair! x

      Delete
  6. Oh that's a shame you didn't like the Wake Me Up foundation and made you look sparkly haha! I really like it xx

    kittensintophats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get why it made me so sparkly but not other people! Maybe because I'm so pale x

      Delete
  7. I want to try a dry Shampoo for ages! Maybe next time I visit another country, I could buy a Batiste one!

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that dry shampoo... probably the only stable hair styling product I have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiii :) I nominated you for the Liebster award but stupidly forgot to tell the people I nominated... oopsy :) Check it out here:

    http://vbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/liebster-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3