What's In My Makeup Bag?

Okay so not gonna lie, the makeup bag I usually take places has a lot more stuff in, but I figured there was no point in doing a post on so much stuff. So this is more of a 'what I'd take in my makeup bag if I was going somewhere for the day that might require me to touch up my makeup on occasion'. But I think that title is a little too long.


You may notice a vital ingredient missing from this 'what's in my makeup bag?' Yep. A makeup bag. Well, as I went to do this, I realised I had absolutely no idea where my makeup bag is (except for a giant one from benefit that I usually use) but it's from Too Faced and it was a Christmas design with gold and blue stripes. I apologise for the lack of a bag. But the makeup is all still here and that's probably the most interesting part.


So let's start with face products. I wouldn't take a foundation because that's too bulky and wouldn't fit in my bag. Also, I don't tend to actually apply more foundation - if it's looking a bit gross I'll just take a brush and re-blend it as I think this is a better method of making your makeup look fresh again. So usually I'll have some kind of foundation brush somewhere - most likely the Expert Face Brush from RealTechniques. I do have a concealer, however, in case times become desperate and I have a giant spot in full view or something. The concealer I use is, of course, the famous Collection Lasting Perfection. Along with that is a little brush I use to blend my concealer from Ecotools - this was in the Fresh & Flawless Brush Set. I also carry with me a powder (Rimmel Stay Matte) because that is absolutely necessary as my face can get a bit oily. Again, an Ecotools brush from that same kit as the other brush. And lastly for the face is a Little Round Pot of blush from Bourjois. Smells gross BUT, it has a little mirror in it so it's very handy. It is actually a nice blush apart from the smell too. Oh, and another Ecotools brush.


Eye products for me are vital because I'd consider them the most important part of my look. Usually I'll take with me some kind of base - usually a Mac Paint Pot (this one is in the shade Bare Study as I think it works well to highlight the inner corners too) or a Maybelline Colour Tattoo. Always, without a doubt, i will have with me this little quad from Mac. It contains the shades Vanilla, All That Glitters (my favourite ever), Satin Taupe and Charcoal Brown. Usually I'd have some kind of brush for brows with this as well just in case of an eyebrow emergency, and I would use Charcoal Brown with it. This quad is perfect for taking out because it has a highlight (Vanilla), which I find always needs topping up, a bronze which is great for across the lid or for everyday, and a darker colour which could be used in the crease if you want to switch from a day look to a night look. And last but not least is mascara. This one is the Too Faced Lash Injection because it's sample sized but to be perfectly honest, I hate this mascara but I feel like I need to use it up.


And lastly, lips (and perfume). Carmex is a 100% absolute must. Even if I take none of these products with me, i will always have Carmex on me, or some kind of lip balm. I always need lip balm. Always. And for a lip product, it's my favourite Bourjois Colour Boost. For perfume I have this little sample sized one from Kenzo which is super old and I got it in a set years ago but I love it.


Comments

  1. i always, always carry the stay matte powder and carmex with me. i just love them both.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Such good products x

      Delete
  2. In two days I will try Carmex for the fisrt time:) Hope I like it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will! When I first tried it I was amazed haha x

      Delete
  3. I love the collection concealer, it is a life saver. xxx

    www.tonishaw91.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And so affordable x

      Delete
  4. Ooh love the mac eyeshadows x

    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favourite makeup product ever, I'm pretty sure! x

      Delete
  5. I really want to try the Bourjois blushes, they look so pretty. Do you prefer the real techniques brushes or the ecotools? I only have real techniques but wondered if the ecotools in better? What would you recommend? Lovely post xxxx

    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bourjois blushes are good, pretty, like, hard though haha. Definitely prefer Real Techniques. Ecotools are good and a little cheaper but I'd always choose Real Techniques, though Ecotools are still good and the ones I have are convenient because they're travel size x

      Delete
  6. I love Bare Study too! Did you make that MAC palette yourself or does it come ready-made? (:

    http://celineavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have carmex too! It is a very great help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great selection of things here. I love that concealer! Carmex goes with me where ever I go! x

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your account! Looks like I need that Carmex! x

    http://daisychain-01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And yep, Carmex is pretty much an essential I think! Does the job better than any other lip balm I've tried x

      Delete
  10. Our make up bags are very similar, I love the blusher :-)

    www.pinkpolkadotandpopcorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post! Carmex is one of the bedt things in thw world! It's the only thing thst works for me!!!

    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, it's so good! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts