Pages



Sunday, April 20, 2014

Top 5: Spring Nail Polishes


We're well into Spring now. The field opposite my house is filled with daffodils and there's lambs everywhere. I live in the countryside so there are more sheep here than people. I absolutely love Spring because all I do during Spring is wait for Summer and know that happiness is around the corner. Goodbye, Winter, I hope you know I hate you. Nail polish is definitely a good way to make yourself feel more... Springy (I say this after having just painted my nails bright orange... I wish it was Summer, sigh.) so I've put together five of my favourite nail polishes which are great for Spring!


01. Barry M Textured Nail Effects in 'Ridley Road' (£3.99). This is the perfect mint green colour which is a personal favourite of mine. This nail polish is great to add a bit of interest to a look because it's a textured polish. If you've never used this, it basically looks like there's sand or something in your nail varnish. If you don't think you're going to like that texture, I'd advise against this but personally I quite like it.
02. MUA Love Heart Nail Varnish in 'I <3 U' (£1.00). This is a very cheap nail polish - you're not going to get cheaper than this! It's a very nice pinkish nude colour and can be worn as a sheer colour. To get a more opaque effect it requires at least three coats and does have quite a long drying time but it's worth it. I've received a fair few compliments on this colour whenever I wear it.
03. Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish in 'Mind The Gap, Victoria' (£3.69). I really like the colour of this as it's not quite a pastel blue but not quite sky blue. It claims to dry in 60 seconds but I'll let you all know now that that is a massive lie. All nail polishes in this price range take about the same amount of time to dry, I've found. I do really like the brush with these polishes since they're quite wide and sturdy so I find it easy to apply.
04. Ciate Nail Polish in 'Ferris Wheel' (£9.00). I have the mini version of this polish and I love the colour. It's such a nice pale blue and I think this is the perfect blue colour. Ciate nail polishes are one of my favourites too as they dry much faster than the cheaper brands and I've worn it for five days before and seen no chips. 
05. Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in 'Winter Baby' (£2.99). I'm not putting this white colour in because I think white nails are perfect for Spring. I do like white nails but I'm putting this in because I love ombre nails in Spring. I think that pastel colours looks best with ombre and a white base is a must for ombre nails. I'll be honest, this white isn't the best white ever and you could probably find one that's got much better pigmentation and dries much faster but this is just one I had and I didn't want to include another Ciate polish!


So there's my top 5 picks for Spring nail varnishes. This blue one by Ciate is by far my favourite! Let me know what you think of these colours and what your favourite nail polish for Spring is!

22 comments:

  1. I really need to get some lighter shades of nail polish for this season, bc I just can't seem to find anything other than dark blues and purples in my nail polish stash!

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I had that same feeling a while ago. I always used to gravitate towards dark shades when I was younger x

      Delete
  2. I love rimmel 60seconds nail varnish there really good, and the colour of that barry m nail varnish, wow, it's so pretty xxx
    www.tonishaw91.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. I always find that light blue varnishes make my skin look really pale - I might have to try the Rimmel shade though, it looks so nice... let me know if the 60 second claim is right!!! x

    http://stylerehearsal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it isn't! Takes way longer than 60 seconds x

      Delete
  4. Lovely colours here! My favourite nail polishes for Spring at the moment is the new collection from Nail Inc for Spring/Summer. So many pretty pastels! :)

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nails Inc is a brand on my to buy list! I'll probably end up buying some colours for Summer from them x

      Delete
  5. I love the Barry M Ridley Road nail polish !! It is such a great colour!! Perfect for spring!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colors for spring! :)

    I would appreciate it if you could visit my blog for my first post! Thank you!

    http://art4naet.wix.com/cups-and-roses

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Rimmel colour I haven't seen it at my local Boots!!

    I have a small giveaway on my blog, its for a L'Oreal eyecream if you fancy winning it all you have to do is leave a comment. xx

    www.lulabelloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Ciate polishes, they are brilliant. Are the textured Barry M polishes as hard to remove as glitters can be?

    xx Sophie | So Bright & Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are hard to remove but not as hard as glitter I'd say :) x

      Delete
  9. we love our bright and pastel polishes for spring/summer! OUr blue and green polishes are definitely our most worn in the warmer months though

    mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue and green are perfect for this time of year :)

      Delete
  10. Spring is coming, yay! I've already been pulling out the appropriate shades as well! I love the Maybelline and Rimmel colours you have there!

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/04/a-whole-lot-of-questions-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring has definitely come by now. Hoping for Summer now!

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3