Pages



Thursday, April 17, 2014

Fragrance Direct Haul


This seems to happen quite often but somehow I've bought a load of stuff again. Anybody would think I'm not trying to save up for uni. I think that this is totally justifiable, however, because it all came to about £40 and I purchased from quite a few expensive brands. I actually discovered Fragrance direct for the first time and went a bit crazy. It was all stuff I felt I needed either because I hadn't tried that brand before or because I needed more Summery colours so it was fine. Definitely fine.


If you've read my blog before you'll know I've got a lot of love for Maybelline Colour Tattoos, so I purchased another ready for Summer in the shade 'Turqoise Forever' (£1.50). I love little pots of cream eyeshadow in general so I also ordered one from Calvin Klein - the Tempting Glimmer Eyeshadow in 'Retro Bronze' (£2.99). To go with the Colour Tattoo I purchased a L'Oreal Colour Infallible Eyeshadow in 'Innocent Turquoise' (£1.50). I have to say, I was disappointed with the pigmentation of this (as I can tell from a swatch) though it did have a nice shimmer to it for a more subtle look. Another eye product I decided to buy was the Bourjois Eye Pearls Quintet in 'Sublimation' (£2.99). Again, the pigmentation of these seemed pretty poor but I've only swatched. I don't see myself using this a lot, but it was only £2.99 so who cares? 

A huge saving on a product was the Becca Eye Colour Powder Shimmer in 'Jacquard' (£2.99). I have to say, the packaging feels really expensive and good quality. I was very excited to add a few products from Elizabeth Arden to my cart - the Ceramide Cream Blush in 'Honey' (£5.50) and the Good Morning Eye Treatment (£8.99). I've been looking for some kind of eye cream so this was perfect for me. I've only used it once but it's left my eyes feeling smooth and I found it very cooling. 

The one item I'd had my eye on for absolutely months was an Essie Nail Polish in 'Fear & Desire' and when I saw it for only £2.50 I couldn't not. It's an amazing bright orange and I am absolutely in love with all things orange right now so it was perfect. Another which wasn't just an 'I'll give this a try because it's cheap' item was the Ciate Corrupted Neon Manicure Set in 'Tropicana' (£4.99) and the Ciate Velvet Manicure Set in 'Blue Suede' (£3.99). Ciate is my favourite nail polish brand and I've wanted to try these sets for so long. I cannot tell you my excitement. Finally, since I realised I don't own anymore nudeish, pale pink lipstick, I purchased two Calvin Klein Delicious Luxury Creme Lipsticks in 'Henna' and 'Ethereal' (£2.25).


You might be wondering how the prices are so low. I wondered as well. Apparently the fact they don't have many staff to pay means they can give us hugely reduced prices. Also, some of the stock may be damaged or without packaging (such as the CK lipsticks I purchased), but if that is the case, the website will state it. From what I can tell, all of these products are real and there's no damage to them at all so I'd definitely buy from there again.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts on Fragrance Direct and some of the products I've mentioned. Feel free to ask me if you'd like any reviews of the products in this post, and I would gladly do it.


6 comments:

  1. You got some great stuff. I love the Maybelline Colour tattoos too! The Essie nail polish you got is such a lovely colour and that's amazing that it was £2.99. I'm definitely going to be having a browse on Fragrance Direct this afternoon.

    Hannah x
    BLAB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a browse as I ended up spending £40, haha x

      Delete
  2. I love this site, between this and the Cosmetic Fairy site I've found so many bargains :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've never heard of that site, I'll have a look for some bargains there too!

      Delete
  3. I might have to take a second look at this website now I see all the amazing stuff you bought. I really want those Ciate sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Told you it was amazing didn't I! Haha x

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3