Pages



Sunday, April 06, 2014

Sleek Pink Lemonade Blush By 3 Palette Review


It's review time again! I've received a request to review the Sleek Blush By 3 palette and also Maybelline's Baby Skin after my Superdrug haul so expect a review of that in the next few days. For now I'm going to review this Sleek Palette in the shade Pink Lemonade. I purchased this a week or so ago because I was in Superdrug and I just couldn't resist. These palettes come in a few different shades but I decided on this because the powder blushes sort of remind me of my favourite blusher which is Benefit's Rockateur. My friend bought the palette as well but she went for one which contained a bronzer, a highlight and a blush which I think would be the perfect palette for travelling, and she loves it.


First off, I love the packaging of this. It's small and it just looks really sleek. Plain black packaging is always my favourite though. I wish everything came in a matte black package. The only thing is that it gets dirty really easy as you can see in the picture. I've probably picked it up about five times and it already looks like that. That's really not an issue at all though. I love the fact that it comes with two powder blushes and one cream. Plus, the shades are absolutely perfect because they're all so different. The first is a slightly shimmery sort of rosey baby pink (I'm shit at describing colours but I'm sure you can figure it out for yourselves) which i think would be so perfect for a wintery everyday look when you just want to look a little bit flushed. The second is the cream blush which is a matte pink which may look a little scary in the palette but it's not that dark on as long as you don't apply too much! The third, and possibly my favourite, is a slightly darker, warmer pink. It looks quite orange in the swatch but it's a bit more pink in real life. I love wearing this one right now and it looks really natural. It has a slight shimmer but I don't think it's overly noticeable when on the face.


So the colours are amazing but I'm sure you can see that for yourselves. The swatches are with three swipes of colour, by the way, so they are not that dark on your face but can be built up to be more opaque if you like them that way.  In terms of formula, I love them because of this buildability (is that a word?) and also how easy I've found them to blend out. Usually I find that product collects in a certain part of my face just because I have some crazy stupid line there, god knows what it is, but these blushers haven't done. Maybe that's because I've somehow missed the line or maybe it's because Sleek make amazing products. I'm going for the latter. Now some of you may know that scent blushers (BOURJOIS) annoy me if you've read my previous posts, and these blushers do have a scent but it's very subtle (I only realised they had a scent because I accidentally sniffed them no h8). It's a kind of perfumey scent idk it just smells like perfume. But I haven't noticed it when the product is actually on my face so it's all good in the hood.

Hmm I think I've mentioned everything. Not too shimmery, blends nicely, good colours, not too smelly... I think that's about it. Oh, and these retail at £9.99 which some of you may think is a little expensive but you're getting three blushers so it's actually pretty cheap. £3.33 per blush, in fact. v good. AND they come with this mirror which is a really good size and very useful if you're on the go.

I would 100% recommend these palettes! Let me know your views on these palettes if you have any, and tell me your favourite blushers so I can try them out!


28 comments:

  1. I love the sleek palettes !! Its such great quality! I definitely want to try this palette though!
    Ive got the pumpkin palette which has really bright blushes
    LittleBeautyBlog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they are amazing. This is actually my first one haha, I've been missing out. I have no doubt that I'll buy another one very soon<3

      Delete
  2. Hey just to let you know I've nominated you for the very inspiring blogger award
    http://readingsomethingneweveryday.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I've already done it though x

      Delete
  3. Love the first two shades! I could never wear the third shade, though. ): It'll make me look like a pumpkin. Haha! x

    http://lipstickdaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that orange in real life, I promise! If you only apply a little bit you wouldn't look like a pumpkin<3

      Delete
  4. This blush palette is so gorgeous! Love your post!
    xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours look amazing!! And I'm really into that little mirror inside the palette as well x

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's really handy! Definitely putting this in my travel makeup bag x

      Delete
  6. Haven't tried anything from sleek but I will have to try and get my mitts on one of the blush by 3 palettes! These shades look especially gorgeous, and I love that it's so affordable! x

    Kathryn | effievanity
    (hope you can enter my spring palette giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them :)

      Delete
  7. These look lovely! I hadn't tried Sleek until I received one of their lip tints in last month's Glossybox, but it looks like they have some nice products.

    xx Sophie
    So Bright & Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually given a second glance to anything but their palettes haha! I might try some of their other products at some point to see if there's anything else worthwhile :)

      Delete
  8. I've heard great things about Sleek but now that I've seen this, I want to have it lol.

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award btw, you can find out more information here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already been nominated bby, gonna do it at some point x

      Delete
  9. Becky, hope you're having a good day. I love your blog and have nominated you for a Liebster Award.
    http://maurissaseesbeauty.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, third nomination x

      Delete
  10. I nominated you for the Liebster award!!

    http://lipstickdaisies.blogspot.sg/2014/04/the-liebster-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fourth nomination haha u guys x

      Delete
  11. Awh! Even the name of that palette gets me excited! I love sleek products, the all seem so well made yet so affordable! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! Such a cute name. Thank you x

      Delete
  12. This looks beautiful! I love al of the shades, perfect for Spring and Summer. Great post and blog.
    http://youarebeaut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This palette looks so pretty! Wish I could get Sleek here in Denmark...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't?! Surely there must be somewhere that would ship it there? You are missing out! :(

      Delete
  14. Oh my I need this palette in my life! Such a cute name and the shades look gorgeous x

    Angi~
    iidifferentworlds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3