Pages



Saturday, April 19, 2014

Review: Benefit Rockateur


As some of you may have read in previous posts (I'm pretty sure I've said it before), I am in love with the Rockateur blush by Benefit. It's very rare that I'll buy a product and wear it every single day after I use it, but I'm pretty sure I used this for a good few months after I first bought it. It's just such a pretty blush that gives and amazing glow and is perfect for every day!


It comes in the usual Benefit packaging - a cardboard cube sort of thing with a hinged lid and a mirror and brush inside. I'm not a huge fan of the pink and gold snakeskin / lace thing they've got going on, but I don't actually care because the product inside is so great. The brush, on the other hand, I love. Usually I hate the brushes that come with things and I thought I'd hate this but I love this one. I've found it to be the best brush to apply the product as it makes it really easy to get an even finish. I find it quite difficult to fit my usual brushes into the box without ruining the product by brushing it too hard which is why I even started using the brush. It's not a problem to me though as I like using the brush it comes with. The brush is very soft and the fact it's so small and short gives easy control to build the product. It wouldn't make a great blending brush but I really don't feel that this blusher needs blending at all.


What I first loved about it when I put it on was the smell. It is a very strong smell that you can smell for a while after putting it on, but I find it very pleasant. It's sort of a dry and perfumey smell (to me) but it's quite sweet at the same time. I just love it and although it is quite strong, it's not one of those sickening, overpowering smells. Once I'd gotten over the fact I'd actually found a scented blusher that I liked, I fell in love with the way this looked on the face. It's a shimmery product but it's not really a noticeable shimmer. It's more of a glow that looks very natural and golden. It's the type of glow that makes you want to move your face in and out of the light repeatedly just to see how it shines.  The actual product is really soft so you don't need to use much at a time on your brush. When first applied it is barely noticeable but it's very buildable - usually I'll wear about four coats of it and it doesn't look cakey or too much or anything. It looks just right. I also found that it stayed on all day which is a bonus because you wouldn't want to be carrying that bulky packaging around with you! Since it's such a pale shade I would really only recommend it to people with pale skin though if applied lightly it could be used as a rosey sort of highlight on any skin tone (maybe!).


Sadly mine doesn't look pretty anymore because of how much I've used it. I am trying to use it less now as I've got so many other blushers that need some attention but it's so, so hard to resist this! 

I'm sure you've all seen endless reviews on benefit products but I thought I'd give my views of it since it is my favourite blush. Yes, the packaging is cheesy and I don't like it, but what it contains inside really is worth the £23.50. Let me know what your favourite blushers are, especially if you've tried any of the other Benefit blushers because I'm intrigued to find out if there are any others that are worth a try!

12 comments:

  1. I've had this on my wishlist for a while- it's such a pretty colour! Great review :)

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo nice! Worth the money x

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any of the benefit products but I really want to!! Everyone raves about their blushes!! This shade looks amazing!! I will definitely pick this up at some point in time!!
    Great review !
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say anything about their other blushers but this one is fantastic and I definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  3. This blush looks wonderful! I only used the "Dallas" one, as a bronzer in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I might have to have a look for that then since I'm not a huge fan of Hoola and always searching for a good bronzer!

      Delete
  4. I love my Rockateur one of my favourite blushers ever!

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wondered whether the benefit products are worth the money, you seem to think that the Rockateur blush is, I'm unsure whether to get it as it is a bit too expensive for me, I might have to try it out when I save up
    http://emhasrednails.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blush seriously is. I don't think any of the other products I've tried are really but this blusher 100% was worth the money!

      Delete
  6. Love your review. Pretty tempted in buying it. I have the Coralista blush by benefit which is more for summer I think so i'm looking for a good everyday one. I actually just wrote a review about it if you want to check it out. :)
    Newest follower on Bloglovin!

    MlleKarenAnne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'll check it out! Interested to know how the other blushers are x

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3