Four Favourite Eyeliners


I've tried a fair few eyeliners in my time in an attempt to find the perfect one for effortless application and a great finish that never rubs off. I don't think that eyeliner actually exists or if it does, I haven't found it, but I have found a few that come pretty close.


My most used eyeliner is the L'Oreal Super Liner in 'Intense Black'. It's a felt tip liner with quite a long, thin tip. I find the shape of it quite useful to do flicks and it's also possible to get a very thin line with it. I find it works best if you press it against the skin bit by bit rather than actually dragging it across the skin when applying it. It's very black and doesn't smudge or anything and I find that it's still on at the end of the day.


For so many years I used the Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in '001 Black' because it is just so easy to apply. The actual applicator it comes with is quite thick but it's still easy to get a thin line. If you hold it at a different angle, it's also easy to get a thick line so doing flicks is super easy. Unless you want that perfect sort of flick with a tiny point at the end, then this might not be for you. The only problem with this is that it's not quite as black as the L'Oreal Super Liner and if you go over a spot you've already done it can just end up wiping the product off which is annoying. It is waterproof, however, which the L'Oreal eyeliner is not which is a benefit of this product if you're expecting to be wearing it for a long time or if you're planning on crying eg if you're watching the last Harry Potter movie </3


A more recent discovery for me is the Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner. This is a pencil liner but it is absolutely amazing. Such a dark colour and so smooth. It glides on so easily because it's so soft and creamy. A bonus of this is that it's waterproof. I like to use this if I want a more smudgey line or if I'm just feeling lazy and don't want the perfect line. I expect it would also be great on the waterline but I don't use anything on my waterline due to eye problems (probably shouldn't wear eye makeup at all). It's a twist up pencil but I actually can't seem to twist it. Hopefully I'll manage it soon because it's going to run down after a few more uses.


Thirdly is something a little different which is the Kat Von D eyeliner (the name rubbed off so I don't know the actual name) in 'Black Metal Love'. This is a slightly more greyish black with bits of silver glitter in it. It's a very smooth, creamy pencil as well. I've found that with some glitter pencil they can really scratch the eye if they're quite hard but this one doesn't at all and applies just like something without glitter since the glitter pieces are so fine. It's easy to smudge but doesn't rub off through the day (or night) which is great. The only bad thing about this is that it isn't a perfect black colour and it's hard to get a thin line with it just because of the way it sharpens. That could just be mine though!


Left to right: L'Oreal Super Liner, Kat Von D eyeliner, Too Faced Perfect Eyes, Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner.

Let me know in the comments what your favourite eyeliners are so I can go out and try them!




Comments

  1. Apparently the Clio Kill black liner from sokoglam.com is next level good! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, haven't heard of it but I'll take a look!

      Delete
  2. I'm also a huge fan of the L'Oreal super liner :)

    Also, I have nominated you for the Liebster blog award!(see link below). If you choose to complete it, please let me know! :) x

    http://stylesunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever tried the Stila stay all day liner? It seems like something you may like! It's my favourite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't actually. I was looking at Stila stuff yesterday but couldn't work out what to buy, maybe I'll go for the liner!

      Delete
  4. I think I am definitely going to try the l'oreal one!! It sounds amazing and I love pen eyeliners!!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good :) I love L'Oreal x

      Delete
  5. I love L'Oreal! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh i love the look of that pen eyeliner!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a little $100 jewellery giveaway on my blog if you fancy a look! Click here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice review!

    Mixing Spring's trends 2OUTFITS on lowbudget-lowcost Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I currently use a gel liner from Maybeline and it's perfect. Love this review!!

    X Malena
    www.Fashioncontainer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fan of Maybelline myself, but gel liners are great x

      Delete
  9. Wow the Too Faced Perfect eyes does not even look like a pencil liner in the swatch! it looks like it came from a felt tip, I'm kinda blown away! I'm always looking for a good eyeliner (currently using a smash box one) but its waaaay too thick, like painting my whole eye black, thick. I may just have to give the L'Oreal one a try!!

    -A | Mirror, Mirror

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not like a pencil in real life either! When I first used it I was shocked as well tbh. It's amazing x

      Delete
  10. These look pretty amazing , i am a big fan of eyeliners at the moment i use urban decays and Barry m , need to try one of these soon. :)
    Melissa | The Inked Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might've used Barry M eyeliners at one point. Not sure though! These ones are worth a try though! x

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Becky! Thanks for following me. I like this post a lot because it IS tricky to find that "just right" eyeliner. Too Faced is one of my favorites as well! I also recommend Clinique's Quickliner for Eyes. It doesn't go on harsh, and has a smudging end (which is a necessity!).
    Looking forward to reading more! xx Melanie
    www.divinemzm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a smudging end! Completely forgot to mention that with the Kat Von D eyeliner which comes with a smudger and a sharpener haha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts