FOTD: 'No Makeup' Makeup

With Summer coming up, for some reason that makes me feel like I should wear less makeup. I don't even know why I feel that way, but I do. So I decided to go for the 'no makeup' makeup look and I quite like it. I think it would be perfect for school or somewhere where you don't want to look like you're wearing a lot of makeup. Usually I like to wear a lot of makeup so this was quite a different look for me.


I started with my Maybelline Baby Skin primer all over my face and followed it up with the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream for oily skin.  I've always hated this BB Cream but I think the problem was that I wasn't applying enough. When applied just like a foundation and buffed in with a Real Techniques expert face brush I find that it can look just as nice as my normal foundations. I then followed it up with Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in 'fair' under my eyes and on any blemishes and buffed it in with the same brush. Next I used an Elizabeth Arden Ceramide blush in 'honey'. This is just a dark cream blusher which I used to contour my cheeks ever so slightly. Somehow during all of this I managed to locate a Natural Collection bronzer in 'Sunshine'. I literally think this was the first bronzer I ever bought and it's not that bad considering! It has quite big bits of glitter in it and doesn't exactly give a glow but more of a sparkle but I quite like the colour of it. I used this as a blusher and on any parts of my face that the sun would hit for an all over glow. Moving onto the eyes I used my MUA Matte palette and all over my lid I used 'Butter', a yellow colour, and 'Fade', a light brown, in the crease with 'Unwrap', a white, on the brow bone and inner corner. I kept this simple and applied it with my fingers. For liner I used the L'Oreal Super Liner and did a very thin line on my upper lashes. I then filled my eyebrows in with a Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'permanent taupe' to give them more of a natural and subtle look than usual and finished the look off with the Too Faced LashGasm mascara and a bit of lip balm.


I think this look is great because it is so quick. You could even leave out the step with the contouring and just use a quick sweep of bronzer all over the face to add a bit of colour. It's something that you could do when in a bit of a rush and take steps out and changes things up as you wish. I'm definitely going to be wearing this look at school and work more often. What do you think of the 'no makeup' makeup look?



Comments

  1. I actually really like using bb creams since they're really easy to use but some of them definitely lack a little something the the coverage department! I really like this look, it's so simple and natural! x

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha true but your skin is way better than mine by the looks of it! Mine really needs full coverage or at least medium! x

      Delete
  2. It's a lovely look! And wow your lashes look amazing :)

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely look! I used to always wear heavy eyeliner etc but ever since last summer I've been loving these sort of natural looks as they're so much more wearable x

    http://emilyh0ughton.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an easy look to do as well, I love it for that reason as well :0 x

      Delete
  4. Love this natural look, it really suits you:) You have amazingly long lashes:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I grew them myself :----) x

      Delete
  5. I love this look! It's so simple and natural. Your eyes are so blue! They're gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha thank you! They're actually more of a silvery blue/grey x

      Delete
  6. Lovely fresh faced look! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I have nominated you for the Liebster Award the details are on my blog http://modernladyjane.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beautiful! This look is amazing

    x

    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a really nice natural look!! I definitely think it is perfect for summer !!
    Beautiful!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts