Pages



Thursday, April 10, 2014

Baby Skin Review


So you've probably seen a lot of reviews of this product by now, but I was asked, and when asked, I shall provide. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser has seen rave reviews from many, many bloggers. It's supposedly a dupe of the Benefit POREfessional. I've never used that product, but I have seen it used and in terms of appearance it doesn't look similar at all. The POREfessional has a slight tint to it, though when I've seen my friends using it it hasn't tinted their skin at all so I suppose the outcome is very similar. 


Baby Skin is a gel primer which is supposed to 'provide a matte finish and leave the skin fresh, soft and protected. The gel texture in Baby Skin instantly helps to vanish pores and makes the skin feel light. It avoids a shine on the skin and makes the skin feel soft.' I don't know about it making the skin feel light and fresh but it does make it feel soft and it helps to minimise pores a bit. The only thing I find is that because of the gel formula, it sort of feels like I'm rubbing oil into my face and that my skin isn't actually soft, but oily. I don't know, that's just how I feel about these sorts of primers. I had the same experience with the MUA primer which I don't like at all. I think that's just me though, and it does actually make my face look matte. It definitely makes my foundation go on much more easily and I feel that blending is easier. I can't say I noticed much difference in how long my foundation stayed looking flawless for but I don't expect some kind of miracle from it. I will say that it retails at £7.99 which seems a little on the expensive side of a drugstore product, but you use so little (about double the amount in the picture above) that it makes it great value and very affordable. I think primers as a whole are expensive anyway as my favourite is the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer which retails at £14.26 - almost double the Maybelline Baby Skin's price.


If you're looking for a similar thing but for slightly cheaper, the MUA Undress Your Skin Flawless primer is basically exactly the same but for only £5. It's maybe not quite as mattifying as the Maybelline one but the also do a matte primer if that's what you're looking for for only £4, but I haven't tried this so I can't tell you how good it is.

I think that this may become my drugstore primer of choice because of the good value for money and it does what it says. I'd recommend it to anyone, particularly people with oily skin because it is mattifying.


16 comments:

  1. Great review - this is going to be my next primer after I've finished The Body Shop one. They last forever though so might have to try it out before that! x

    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth trying out :) x

      Delete
  2. I really want to give this a shot, I tried porefessional but sadly it broke me out (shame really as it did keep me matte!) Definitely want to give this a try although I'm not usually a fan of silconey primers either…for the price though worth a try :) x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worth trying because so many people love it, but I can't say it's my favourite product ever x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review it seems like a really good product <3
    KKKIRANXOXO
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good review, I definitely want to give this a try myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So inspiring blog!
    Visit my Lifestyle blog and wedding post -http://starlingdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds good! I think I my try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use this aswell! I agree with you, I think it does a good job but doesn't erase my pores! It does make them look smaller xxxx

    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think any product will erase pores though, haha! x

      Delete
  8. I have the exact same problem with the Baby Skin primer, I wrote a post about expecting too much from a primers that I think you might like. Great blog, keep up the hard work.

    Charlotte x

    www.styleaked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3