Pages



Friday, March 28, 2014

Drugstore Makeup Haul

Today I had free periods at school so naturally, I went shopping. I didn't actually plan on buying a lot since I bought a ticket to Reading Festival yesterday which drained my bank account but my friend was buying things and I couldn't resist.


I had to pick up two of the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers because I'd seen swatches of them and the pigmentation looks insane. I could not decide which shades I wanted but ended up with 102 Nova, which is a sort of barbie pink and 500 Luna which is more of a peachy pink/nude colour. I don't even know why I always buy lip products since I rarely wear them but clearly it's some form of addiction.


I also bought the Pink Lemonade Sleek palette. Again, I bought this because I'd heard so many people talking about it and when people talk about things, I decide that I need them. From swatching this it looks really nice and I'm excited to use it. Still on the topic of blusher, I purchased a Maybelline Dream Touch blush in the shade 07. I normally don't like Maybelline's face products but my cream blusher collection is extremely lacking so I bought this anyway. Since there was a buy one get one half price offer on, I also purchased the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore eraser which I've heard is a dupe for Benefit's the Porefessional. 


Finally, I purchased two Maybelline colour tattoos because I honestly love those things and I feel like I need to own every single shade. I purchased the shades Pink Gold and Metallic Pomegranate. I know that Pink Gold is going to be something I'll wear everyday as I think it'll make a great base for the colours in the Naked 3 palette.

There was a definite unintentional pink theme for that haul but Spring is just around the corner (or maybe it is Spring already. It's hard to tell in England.) so hopefully I can get some nice Spring daytime looks out of this. I'm interested to try these products out and see if some of them are worth the hype or not. Let me know your opinions on them and if you know any products I should get, suggest away! Feel free to link me to any reviews you've done on your blog of amazing products - I would love to read them.

13 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try out Baby Skin by Maybelline! I've always loved their baby line :) Great Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not actually a huge fan of the Baby Lips but I'm so fussy with lip products so I thought I'd give Baby Skin a go to see how it is :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. really would like to try out some of these products! please do a review on some of them, as i would like to know if i should also get these products whilst shopping at the drugstore. I would really need to try the maybelline color tatoos, as you say you love them (along with many others). great post!

    http://mariatronn.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely do a review on them! You really do need the colour tattoos though, I am in love with them. Wear them almost every day!

      Delete
  4. I love baby skin :) x


    Http://mehshake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I will too. Going to try using it every day for a few weeks to see how it is :) x

      Delete
  5. I got the Apocalips and the colour tattoos, I love them! The Sleek palette looks so good! I don't know which reviews you like, but you can check out my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually in love with the sleek palette. And all of these products really! I will check out your blog for sure :) x

      Delete
  6. I am desperate to get my hands on the sleek palette and baby skin but recently just bought a new primer before I knew how good that one is! You will have to do some sort of review on them. Also I have the colour tattoo in pink sand which is really nice but very pink if you like that sort of thing (I personally don't with my eye colour) so I've given it to my best friend who loves it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know why I bought it since I now have three primers. Like what is the point in having more than one primer haha. I'll do a review on them for sure though. And I'll try out pink sand if I ever come across it! I find it so hard to find the shades though, they only have a few in Superdrug, or at least when I've been they have.

      Delete
  7. I have quite a few of these, not so keen on the Baby skin primer, it just feels a bit weird to me, I love the apocolips and the colour tattoos though! You've got some good choices here
    http://emhasrednails.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Baby Skin does feel a bit weird haha. I'm still not really sure if I like it.

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3