Pages



Sunday, March 23, 2014

L'Oreal True Match Foundation Review

As somebody with insanely pale skin, I find it very difficult to get that perfect colour match with foundation. Most foundations, particularly from the drugstore, don't go pale enough for my skin tone and end up making me look orange and like I'm wearing a load of makeup really badly which is the last thing I want. When I saw that L'Oreal had foundation that went quite pale, and even have shades for both pink and yellow undertones, i was drying to try it. I've also heard this compared to Mac Studio Fix foundation which is one of my favourites, but personally I would not compare the two foundation as they're very different.


It claims to be 'super-blendable' and to 'match skin colour and texture'. It certainly matches my skin tone better than any other foundation I've tried from the drugstore. I have the shade 'Rose Ivory' which is the palest shade you can get. It does blends well, however it is a very thin formula unlike most foundations I've tried, which isn't a huge issue but I find that I need to apply quite a lot of it in some areas to get a good enough coverage for my skin. The thin formula does mean that it's easy to blend out into the neck without leaving horrible lines. Yes, it is the best match for my skin tone that I've tried in the drugstore, but it is still a bit too dark for me. When bronzer and powder is applied it tends to hide that, so I'd say it's about the best I'm going to get for £10.99!


Another claim is that 'in 2 weeks skin feels smoother, looks healthier and more even. The appearance of skin quality is improved.' which I really don't understand since it hasn't done any of this that I've noticed, but I wouldn't exactly want it to either as it's a foundation, not a moisturiser! One problem with this foundation is that it does tend to crease in the fine lines of my face, and I'm only eighteen so I shouldn't have too many problems with this. For that reason I would not recommend this product for people with more mature skin.


Overall this is definitely my favourite foundation. A great colour (for the price), very blendable and it is possible to get medium - full coverage with it. I would recommend it to anybody who has problems with finding a foundation pale enough for their skin tone.


10 comments:

  1. Great review! Ive been wanting to try this product for a while, mostly for the amazing colour range, also for the shape of the bottle, which sounds a bit strange but it just looks really sleek!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it is a nice bottle!

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great foundation (: I'm super pale & occasionally find it difficult to find the right shade xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it :) xx

      Delete
  3. Not too shabby! I know how hard it is for those with paler skintones to find the right match, so I might have to start directing them to L'oreal! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It's the best I've tried from the drugstore.

      Delete
  4. I was thinking of trying this ...
    Great review hun!

    Lipsiie xx
    www.lipsiie3.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! I love it :) xx

      Delete
  5. For a pale foundation, try the Lancôme Mat Miracle 24H! They have some REALLY light shades! x

    http://lipstickdaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I'll have to try that when I next buy a foundation! Thanks for the advice x

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3